overall
RATINGS: 1135   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

beerprincess (52) - Indiana, USA - FEB 2, 2006
A pale pour with a fruity aroma. A creamy smooth banana palated that leaves a slight linger.

Zeswaft (1773) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 30, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2006 Leave this one in the bottle. It pours out cloudy pale gold with no head. I mean no head. Aroma is mild with some kind of banana fruitiness and malt. This beer seems more like a wheat beer to me. Texture is soft and creamy, quite pleasent. Very refreshing and light bodied. I’d drink a six pack of this for $6 any day. In terms of appearance, ignorance is bliss with this beer. I like the labeling of these beers. Considering this is New Glarus’s lowest rated beer and my first, I think I’m in for some real treats. It’s just a delicious simple beer.

Cletus (6355) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 26, 2006
Pours whittish gold with a white head. Smells of vanilla and fruit. Taste is creamy with some vanilla, fruit and malty notes.

beervana (781) - Libertyville, Illinois, USA - JAN 24, 2006
(01.20.06) 12 oz brown bottle from the American Club, Kohler, WI. Hazy light yellow hued ale having a small tiny white head. No discernable carbonation. Faint fruity aroma. Light-to-medium bodied ale that starts dry with light malt and fruity, citrus (grapefruit?) flavors. Finishes dry with light corn aftertaste. A good refreshing crisp drinkable beer.

qdog (201) - Cleveland, Mississippi, USA - JAN 21, 2006
Bottle from Styles, cloudy golden color with minimal head, hint of citrus and hops in the aroma and taste, i get a slight sweet finish. not too bad

theadmiral (3) - USA - JAN 19, 2006 does not count
Wonderful beer! Pitchers of this go down like water. It finishes more smoothly than any other beer I’ve ever had. I notice no aftertaste.

3fourths (9345) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JAN 14, 2006
Slightly murky yellow color. Light lemon and wheat flavor, very light and unimposing. Like a like wheat beer, crisp and fresh. Not bad but could be better.

norushjohnnie (19) - Sister Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 4, 2006
Hmmm... I found this enjoyable but nothing special. On tap at the local tavern. Cloudy blonde with minimal head. A bit spicy in the aroma, nothing special going on flavorwise, a bit too sweet for my liking. Cloying mouthfeel, but an aftertaste that actually makes corn in a beer seem alright. It’s a local favorite but this one only comes above the Naked as far as New Glarus brews go.

GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - DEC 26, 2005
Draught. Hazy golden color with thin white head. Smells of hay and spicy hops. Yeasty flavor with a bit of hop flavor and bitterness. Aftertaste is reminiscent of breakfast cereal.

sneagrams3 (2337) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 11, 2005
12z bottle. Hazy golden head. Straw and bananas, citrus, bubblegum and fruity. Smooth.