overall
RATINGS: 1135   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

RAYBOY01 (2011) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 31, 2005
I like cream ales in general...great round mouthfeel and satisfying going down. Fruitiness reminds me of farmhouse type ales. This one is decent but not remarkable.

BuckyinMinn (18) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - AUG 29, 2005
This beer is cloudy from the yeast...don’t expect a bottle to look the same as tap. In fact, I have had some pints from a tap that resembled flan--in looks only. Good beer, a little sweet.

fmbrewing (12) - Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2005
This sour yeasty beer has got to be the most popular microbeer in WI. Everyone asks for it but to me I’de rather drink something a little darker like the fat squirell by NG. Spotted Cow is a good one though don’t get me wrong!

amberale1 (16) - Janesville, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 23, 2005
golden, aminimal head, light sweetness, light body, Can buy in bottles in southern Wisconsin area, but best tasted out of the tap in New Glarus

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 20, 2005
On tap at the Hotel Trempleau. Pale gold with a HUGE white head. Creamy and sweet. This is now my all time favorite cream ale. Archetype of the style. A delicious beer.

kms399 (267) - plymouth, Minnesota, USA - AUG 19, 2005
bottle, smells malty and lightly, hinding in the background is a little hops. pours a hazy yellow, not golden but yellow. tastes smooth and easy to drink. malt corn citrus a little dry and bitter in the end not bad. dood beer for a hot day like today.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - AUG 10, 2005
This is a decent enough drink, good for a hot Summer day, but nothing spectacular. It’s a cloudy, straw-colored drink with a very short-lived head. The aroma is malt with tart oranges. Medium bodied and carbonationally challenged, it has a light malt flavor with a bit of citric tartness. Oddly, I don’t really detect their admitted addition of corn. I’d drink it again, but not if there were other choices.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.lakegenevawi.com/>Bouquet’s of Lake Geneva, Lake Geneva, WI<font size=-1>

twindadplus2 (715) - Wisconsin, USA - AUG 4, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2005 Bottle: Cloudy pale yellow gold with a small white head that faded quickly. Aroma is bready malt, yeast and grain with a tiny hint of floral hops. Flavor is malt, corn, yeast and a little bit of citrus hops. Smooth and medium bodied with little carbonation, this one goes down very easy. Nothing spectacular but still very good.

Doppelganger (1388) - Dry County, Arkansas, USA - AUG 1, 2005
Very pale cloudy straw color, with a small layer of coarse white head that fades quickly. Very lot threshold of aroma. What is there is soured corn and vaguely grassy hops. Some mild dill hop flavor, strange sour malt, abrupt dry finish. Medium body. Kind of lifelless on the palate. I have to wonder if the bottle I am tasttng is a bit past it’s prime. This is not bad, but certainly a confusing tasting. The sourness is actually kind of refreshing and interesting, but also a bit off, and I just can’t believe it is intentional in a cream ale.

Ebonheart (12) - Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2005
I honestly did not understand this beer. Almost no hops flavor, compounded by an overly aggressive corn taste (I always thought that was a bad thing?). It had almost no taste, and a rather bad aftertaste. Just not my style of beer.