overall
RATINGS: 393   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.96/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Teased from the loam by the kiss of the Sun. Mom’s Strawberry Rhubarb delights are the happy memories of childhood. Diploma Master Brewer Dan employed juicy sweet Strawberries to tame the barbaric wild tart fermentation of rhubarb. Escaped from the far corners of neighboring yards, local rhubarb was incorporated into the wild sour fermentation to create this drinkable dream. Bright sour and effervescent. Toast chilled cold to Bright skies, fireflies, bare feet and rhubarb pies!

2013 - 2015: 750ml bottle
2017: 12-oz bottle

77ships (11051) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - OCT 8, 2016
750 ml. bottle sampled @ HopisHop B.U.M.B. 2016. Hazy amber with an off-white head. Nose is hilariously heavy on sweet strawberry jam, quite awesome, stupid sweet as usual for a New Glarus fruit beer, pure strawberry jam really. Taste is bit empty especially compared to the smell, bit metallic upfront, sparkling water, strawberry jam, some faint lemon way in the back, bit empty tasting. Body is lightly metallic strawberry jam diluted with sparkling water. If only it tasted like it smelled. I have no idea where the Rhubarb is.

AdmiralVernon (1200) - SWEDEN - SEP 16, 2016
A: Very cloudy red/brownish coloured with a big off white/pinkish head N: Strawberry! Hint of raspberry and red currant. T: Strawberry bomb! Light rhubarb as well. O: Very much strawberry and a small hubt of sweet rhubarb. VERY well balanced flavours! Perfect carbonation. Super nice!

muzzlehatch (4969) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 15, 2016
Three bottles consumed over 2013-late 2015. Usually I had this in a NG flute; I think it’s good to start it out fairly cold, especially if you’re going to do the whole bottle by yourself (which I did with 2 of them) over an evening. It poured a murky brick-red to muddy brown, with plenty of fizzy head that died off fairly quickly...nose is, as expected, strawberry-rhubard, duh! But of course as with other NG fruit beers, it’s so fresh, so bold, so aromatic that the whole room lights up and I can’t do anything but keep smelling, keep nosing, keep loving...it’s a bit less sweet on both the nose and tongue than the Belgian Red generally is, I’d say, but perhaps more sweet than the Raspberry Tart or Serendipity, but what really stands out special about this one in comparison to the other masterpieces is the malt extraction, this has a fullness and biscuit-pie crust malt that provides a fuller and less acidic body than I’m used to, making it simultaneously more quaffable at once in a glass or two, but a bit tougher to consume when talking the whole bottle. There’s also snatches of vanilla and caramel in here, and a hint of lime. I probably liked this more than the bottles I’ve had of Serendipity, though I had that on draught once and it was otherworldly; as it is, it’s just another "typically" great experience from the American master of fruit beers. I’m sorry to say it looks as if this might be gone for good; it’s listed as such on the website, and the clerk at the brewery a couple of weeks ago told me he didn’t think it was coming back. But one never knows - the Apple Ale was out of circulation for a few years at one point. Bring it back, Dan!

GlasgowTAD (1898) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - AUG 4, 2016
Bottle. Pours murky pinkish brown with medium light pinkish brown head which quickly recedes. Aroma is loaded with strawberries. Taste is strawberry sweet, slight rhubarb tart, a hint of sweet sugar.

JorisPPattyn (10072) - BELGIUM - JUN 12, 2016
Small yellowish head over fully hazy red-brown beer. Strawberry ice-cream, milky, even a bit vomit-like smell. Milky, lactic, again strawberry ice cream, if watered-down. Medium bodied, quite slick. Another NG fruit I really can’t like.

tmongoose (2504) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 8, 2016
older bottle had plenty of sediment as well. the pour was cloudy reddish mess really. guessing it was past its prime but none the less. the most delicious of the fruit beers that I have tasted. pure strawberry and rhubarb flavor. just totally delicious and since its not being made anymore i’ll never see it again. but this was just one fantastic beer. thanks shrubber for this one. I still owe you

craftbeerart (3) - KL, MALAYSIA - DEC 26, 2015 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2015 could never imagine a "strawberry jam" beer would taste like this one...quite a pleasant surprise to have tasted a beer that is essentially a fruit beer but did more than just fruits. the freshness, light sweet sour of strawberry after fermentation just came together nicely---if you ever see this beer--grab it--or throw me a line...:) 草莓大黄酿制&#

jcos (1855) - Maryland, USA - DEC 23, 2015
Taste pour at my birthday party 12/6. Nice amount of strawberry, lightly tart. New Glarus never fails.

MetalNHopHead (2191) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - SEP 19, 2015
"The greatest slice of strawberry rhubarb pie ever served. In a glass." Those were the notes I entered into my phone on the night I tasted Strawberry Rhubarb. While I want to provide a few more details, I feel that statement captures the essence of this brew about perfectly. Appearance is totally unimpressive: hazy (almost muddy) with just a little head. That’s the only knock - if you can call it that - against this beer. Smells and flavors are unreal. Juicy, lightly tart fruit with a hint of malt. Feel is lively and smooth. My first New Glarus brew and it sure as hell won’t be my last.

HuskerTan (2398) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - SEP 12, 2015
(Thanks, Josh! "StFun") Bottle. A- Strawberry puree, rhubarb, slightly sweet. A- Brown color, murky liquid, off brown head. T- Rhubarb, strawberry. P- Light body, average texture, average carbonation, long beautiful finish. O- When I first got into craft I loved fruit beers, with all the sweetness and artificial fruit flavors. Then I learned that they actually really sucked. Now, this beer came across my path. Holy moly. This smelled like my grandma’s award winning strawberry rhubarb pie. The nose translates into the palate. Very natural tasting and balanced. Not tart, not bitter, but just right. Wow. I can’t say enough good things. The only bad thing is it looked like dirty sewage water. That hurt it overall a little, but otherwise this is as good as you will find for not only a fruit beer but a beer in general.