overall
RATINGS: 731   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

Sillypuddy143's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sillypuddy143 (4) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 30, 2012
As this is my first rating I feel it is important to take it seriously. I LOVE this beer, its deliciously appletastic. Smells like heaven if I believed it existed. Goes down smoooth. Shout out to my beloved friends Reynolds314, Ernesto 987, and Drunkdietitian for providing me with delectable beers such as this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beermenow1 (4) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2017 does not count
This Ale totally shocked me! I am not a big into ciders at all so I was a little skeptical to buy it. I am glad I did!! It pours a copper to light amber color with a strong aroma of apples. The taste is all apple with a dry finish. I want more!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dakingindanorf (6) - Ohio, USA - DEC 29, 2016 does not count
Fall in a bottle. Not much carb but its there, pleasant apple aroma. Taste is crisp apple cider...this beer is everything I love about apple cider in beer form.

kchampagne (173) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2016
The only negative about these are that they are way too easy to drink, so you end up running out of them too quickly. Pours a hazy copper. Aroma is fresh apples with caramel malts. Taste was fresh apples, sweet on the front end, but with a dry finish, allowing you to have multiple beers for further inspection and analysis. These are phenomenal.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MetalNHopHead (1695) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - NOV 12, 2016
An ale so good it temporarily turned me into a stuttering idiot (well, more of a stuttering idiot than usual). If it werent for the New Glarus name, I wouldnt have purchased this. I dont really like cider (unless Im really drunk). Im not even very keen on apples (probably the most overrated fall offering outside of pumpkins). I was totally unprepared for how much I liked Apple Ale. Jesus H. Christ. Its basically the most crisp, delicious apple juice you could ever hope to drink. With a little booze. Does a bottle of this a day keep the doctor away? If so, sign me up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
jc1762 (1098) - Washington DC, USA - NOV 9, 2016
Thanks Virby44 for the bottle! Poured into taster showing apple juice brown with half a finger of clean white foam. The nose shows a distinct red apple aroma on top of a bed of earthy malts. The palate is highly carbonated and medium bodied. Very strong apple forward flavor throughout that increases until it reaches a sharply sweet apple note (think apple pie or jolly rancher) on the finish. Upon warming, caramel malts become more apparent and blend very well with the apples. Very nice finish and probably closer to a cider in my opinion but I cant really tell the difference.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HuskerTan (1879) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - NOV 7, 2016
Bottle. A- Apple juice. A- Amber color, clear liquid, off white head. T- Apple juice. P- Light body, average texture, average carbonation, refreshing finish. O- This would be a great beer for cider folks. All the good qualities of a cider mixed with the greatness that is beer. Not too sweet or fake tasting. Really well done. Simple and tasty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
phranq (121) - - OCT 28, 2016
Apples all over. In the nose palate and finish sweet apple mouth feel and dry finish. Very tasty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RRistow12 (755) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - SEP 9, 2016
Tasted from bottle. Pours a hazy dark orange. Aroma is apples. Flavor is a nice balance a sweet apple and a slight sour finish. Flavors is definitely green apple with some caramel. Very well done apple beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
b0071d (14) - Iowa, USA - AUG 17, 2016
clear copper color. Rich flavors (sweet and sour apple) with a nice finish (dry).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrTipple (3992) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 16, 2016
Saw dust, straw, light, sweet apple. Clear gold, small , creamy, white head. Medium sweet. Intense green apple, sweet cider, lively carbonation, light bitterness coming up in the finish. Very refreshing Fruit Beer, nice apple in palate, aroma seems a bit odd. Keg at the brewery, New Glarus, WI.