overall
RATINGS: 393   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Recipe changed in 2011. Four thousand years before Christ, Sumerian women created the divine drink of beer. Viking women brewed in Norse Society. European Ale Wives were so successful as cottage brewers they were taxed. Artisanal women lost their domination of the daily ritual of brewing during the Industrial Revolution. Today’s brewing trade is controlled by men. The collaboration of two Craft companies both led by women, New Glarus Brewing Company and Weyermann Malting, is unique. You hod the result "Two Women" a classic country lager brewed with Weyermann’s floor malted Bohemian malt and Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops. A tempting and graceful classic lager found... Only in Wisconsin.

SudsMcDuff (8468) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - MAY 23, 2012
12 ounce bottle, new release .. . Pours a medium gold yellow .. . good solid lacing .. . grain, hay, and a solid dried grass click .. . team strickland .. . a good solid session lager .. . . you know that tuesday is my night to drink beer in the alley with the guys! you knew that when we got married!!

BeerKurve (520) - - MAY 17, 2012
A perfect balance of Bready Yeasts, Lemon Zest, Barley, Floral Hops and Malts make this a truly wonderful, crisp and refreshing Pilsener to drink.

Beerjunkie15 (55) - Romeoville, Illinois, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Overall an enjoyable beer. Amber in color, light in taste. Could have multiple of these in the summer. Crisp and clean

doubelknv3 (1093) - Illinois, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Golden amber with thin off white head. Mild caramel and mild floral aroma. Mild caramel, malt dominant, and German hop notes. Lite bodied, nice tongue tangling zing, and mild bitterness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

holdenn (2116) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 9, 2012
Bottle. Pours a amber orange with a white head. Nose of malt some grain. The caramel malts come on too strong and eclipse the crisp hoppiness that resides underneath. Less cara and sweet malts more of that simple two row to let those floral hops speak for themselves. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

arkotramathorn (41) - Eau Claire, USA - MAY 5, 2012
Pours a dark bronze with thin white head. Strong aroma of apples and I think I’m getting molasses as well. Tasting of plums and apples, very sweet. The plums fade near the middle and the apples come out a little more. Finishes very crisp with a little hopiness. If I had my own cold plate tap, I would put this through it and die happy.

keenanrobbins (19) - - APR 29, 2012
A very nice pilsner. Aromatic, smooth, then a pleasing kind of pilsner finish.

hopheadsbrew (142) - Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2012
Nice head. Crystal clear. Classic lager nose bready with malt in the background and some hops. Crisp and malty flavor with mild hops. Very clean flavor. Some bitterness on the finish.

jason1970 (143) - Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2012
UPDATED: APR 28, 2012 Aroma has a certain breadiness to it with some very mild spiced overtones. Appearance is sort of a deep copper. It’s a nice off white head to start but falls off quickly. It’s medium bodied with a medium texture that sticks slightly to the glass. Carbonation dissipates fast and leaves just a slight lacing down the glass. Slightly bitter on the finish. Not a bad lager, but I wouldn’t put this in my top 5 New Glarus brews. If it wasn’t in the variety pack, I wouldn’t seek it out on it’s own. Re-rate: I tried it again just to make sure I wasn’t selling it short. Unfortunately I had the opposite reaction and lowered some of my scores. Maybe I just don’t enjoy style and that factors into my rating. But for me, this just tasted like a run of the mill lager. Nothing special and I’ve had much better. It’s too bad. Sounds like the few years prior might have been a better beer according to people on here.

Thorpe429 (5035) - , Illinois, USA - APR 11, 2012
Big thanks to BeerFMAndy for getting a nice box of New Glarus out to me. Served in a New Glarus tasting glass. Pours a somewhat-dark golden color with a thin white head and a bit of lacing on the way down. The nose carries some bready malt and a very faint hop presence. I pegged this as a non-adjunct American lager, and was disappointed to see if called a pilsner. The hop presence in this is quite subdued, and instead there’s a bit of light bready malt. Body is a bit too heavy for a pilsner without the refreshing dryness.