overall
RATINGS: 547   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Hearty and full-bodied this is a “Big” bier. Brewed in the Reinheitsgebot tradition, our Bock comes by its mahogany hue naturally. You can expect this bier to be complex and smooth with deep chocolate and coffee undertones, complementing the rich bouquet.

nielsedd's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
nielsedd (79) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2014
Pours a clear reddish brown with a decent beige head. Almost no lacing. Smells heavy of caramel malts and grains. Tastes sweet, with flavors of nut, caramel malts, and coffee. Don’t really get the coffee they talk about, but still very good.

wilnatp (703) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 24, 2017
Bottle. Aroma of chocolate, coffee, and dark fruit.Sweet coffee (hints of roast) with fruit and chocolate in the taste.

LearninBeer (598) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - JUL 19, 2017
Another old bottle I have been staring at and not drinking, approximately 10 years old. The aroma is figs/dates, some caramel and hints of coffee and chocolate. Pours very dark, almost black held up to a light. Light tan head fully diminishing and very good lacing. The taste is non-descript, probably umami or sat on it too long :(. The body is medium/light, the texture creamy, the carbonation average and the finish non-descript. I know people love this and I wish I hadn’t sat on it for so long. Still for 10 years in the fridge this has held up very well!

Bill Becker (1037) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - MAY 21, 2017
I got this in a trade with Wasatch. Thanks John! This pours a dark brown with reddish hues and a very large head of tannish foam that’s trying to overflow but...we’ll have none of that! Excellent head retention and plenty of nice lacing. The smell is nice. I’m getting some biscuit, a touch of roasted malt, chocolate, caramel, and some dark fruit. The taste starts of very sweet. The caramel and chocolate and some biscuit are pretty bold up front. Another sip in and there’s a touch of hop bitterness just before the finish and I can also taste some other bitterness most likely from a dark chocolate influence. This is nice. The body is on the thin side but it seems to be filling for some reason; the carbonation is also light. I don’t notice any of the alcohol until long after the swallow; that’s when I get a bit of warming. Bottom line: This is quite the tasty Bock. The only "bad" thing I can really say about it is that I couldn’t drink more than 1 at a sitting.(see my comment about it being filling)

waahooo (1) - DeKalb, Illinois, USA - FEB 22, 2017 does not count
Ever since spotted Cow I've been a fan. Uff-Da have all the right notes without overpowering coffee, chocolate for the person that might want to get there feet wet with the DARK side of beer! Looking forward to drinking my second Uff-Da with the next spicy dish to compliment! Job well done! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

chicagobears (473) - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA - JAN 15, 2017
Had a pint of this on the brewery tour. Bock is one of my favorite styles. A rich flavor and great body. Toffee and some chocolate. This has the characteristics of a authentic German bock. Some malt roastiness in the finish. I’m rating this one from the bottle as I bought some from the brewery.

rdixon77 (2832) - Georgia, USA - JAN 15, 2017
Thanks Danny Mom! Bocks aren’t always my thing but this is a really nice solid one. Caramel, mild roast. Balanced sweet and bitter. Creamy mouthfeel. Good stuff.

StoutBeerReviews (149) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 5, 2017
One of my favorite brews of all time, definitely a go to bock. Very sweet and smooth tasting, gets better and better as it warms up. No complaints whatsoever

pkbites (947) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 23, 2016
This is good, but not over the top good. Lighter notes of fig, dates, and mild chocolate on the nose. Aroma for me is much lighter than expected. Lovely appearance. Beige creamy head dies a bit too quickly, minimal to no lacing. Flavor is watery dark fruit with tobacco. High alcohol content completely undetectable. Good, but for this style I expected far more from New Glarus. Bottle.

FunkyF (1197) - Örebro, SWEDEN - DEC 15, 2016
Flaska på Thunder Bay Grille. Mörkt rödbrun med beige skum. Doft av kola och körsbär. Trevlig dov smak med mörka bär och lite karamell.

seuinoz (257) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - NOV 21, 2016
Aroma is Carmel Chocolate hints of figs. Amber in color. Has a malty taste kinda chewy on the palate. Another top 10 by the Brewery only available in Wisconsin.