overall
RATINGS: 1534   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Originally 5.1% - abv reduced to 4% sometime between 2009 and 2011.
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

Eyedrinkale (3214) - Astoria, New York, USA - AUG 31, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 22, 2004 Bright cherry red with a small pinkish head. Poured a bit thick, which made me think this was going to be a sweet thing I wouldn’t want. Aroma is tangy cherry with mellow maltiness. The flavor of fresh cherries just jumps out at you. I mean the whole cherry, stems, pits, dirt, skin, everything. There is a bitterness to offset all of these cherries, that makes it a bit sour and dry. Noting to complain about. After having this stuff a few times, I’ve had to lower my rating a little. The last two bottles have tasted like cherry pie filling. Just too sweet.

balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2005 this beer not only makes me proud to be a Wisconsinite but also reminds me how great of a state WI is for food, beer, and many other things. this beer pours a deep, rich red color with an absolutely amazing aroma of sweet cherries...the flavor is packed with cherries, but perfectly balanced, not generic tasting!!!! well balance carbonation and sweet, silky finish....one of the best beers i have ever had.

zathrus13 (1776) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - AUG 23, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2007 Pours red/brown, with a small, white head. Aroma is cherry pie and/or cherry danish. Taste is also cherry pie...very intense cherry favor that turns a little sour and dry at the end. This is truly amazing. Like drinking a cherry pie. Thanks to footbalm for this one.

joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 23, 2004
Cloudy rusty red. Creamy light beige head w/ slight reddish hue. Excellent lace. Robust aroma of black cherries & cinnamon rolls. Thick, syrupy feel. Complex black cherry flavour w/ undertones of iron, wood, &, yes, cinnamon rolls. Lightly sour w/ a semi-dry finish.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 22, 2004
Poured cherry red with thin red head...smelled of butter and pastry...tasted rich and delicious...I don’t like cherries and I don’t like fruit beer, for that matter I don’t like sweet things....this was great...I couldn’t drink more than 1 glass, but it tasted like a cherry fried pie...

Sickboy282 (1114) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 16, 2004
Aromas of umm.... lets see.....Ummm......CHERRIES!!!! This has the most insane aroma of fresh cherries and the flavor is the same. Although a little life saver like, the flavor is still amazing. Probably the best fruit beer one can have.

Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - AUG 14, 2004
Wild, great aroma, but not really to my taste. Lots of berries, not much grain. Hints of lactics in the finish? Very cool, but not really my style.

OldGrowth (3474) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - AUG 12, 2004
Bottle, Great nose, Cherry like those sour candy things and a whiff of toffee. Orangey red color, tad hazy. Sour sweet flavor. Tart. Chery dominates. Thin body, kinda syrupy. Sweet dry finish. I’m diggin it, no sign of "belgian" to me. Thought it was better at cooler tempertures. I’ll take one anytime.

civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - AUG 11, 2004
Pours a deep red with a small head round the edge. Aroma is of fresh cherries and it tastes almost like fresh cherry pie, especially as it warms. Like a sweet kriek. Smooth, and filling.

IndianaRed (4609) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 3, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 9, 2004 Bottle Celebrating my #100 Very little head or lacing. Aroma is an intoxicating sweet/tart cherry that starts to fill the room before I bring the glass up to my nose. Flavors are cherry of course but a bit earthy like skins or stems. Sweet with lingering tart trailer. Rate is from memory a few days ago. Will have another soon and update.