overall
RATINGS: 1503   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Originally 5.1% - abv reduced to 4% sometime between 2009 and 2011.
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2004
Significantly better than it’s raspberry counterpart. Tastes like cherry flavored beer. Nothing horribly outstanding in my opinion. But then again I like Grainbelt so what do I know

acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 28, 2005
It’s certainly not what I think of when I think of "beer," but it’s tasty. It’s cloudy (though I couldn’t resist opening it shortly after getting it home, so maybe it would have settled) and brownish red. The taste is of cherries, cherries, cherries. It’s not overly sweet (at least to me), with a pronounced tart cherry finish. I’m not sure if I would call it balanced, as it was hard to distinguish either malt or hop. Not as complex as the best beers I’ve had, but nice to drink, at least occasionally.

amishcaravan (247) - Winona, Minnesota, USA - JAN 3, 2008
Very strong scent of cherries. Not the fake colored cherries that you buy in a jar, but the scent of real cherries. Very smooth going down. Almost tastes like a soda with alcohol. This is a fruit beer that I would purchase again if I could find it.

bittermestupid (247) - Canton, Ohio, USA - JUL 2, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2011 Thanks to bobbypaulson. Pours and casades to a light red color with tons of white pink tinged head. Smells of a boat load cherries, some funk, oak and fresh baked cherry pie. Cherry pie, some tartness and an underlying sugar note. Very good as dessert beer and light on the palate.

whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 21, 2004
Wow...this is quite the brew. A beautiful ruby red color with a nice, red cream head. An explosion of flavor, somewhat tart and magnificently delicious. I'm not at all surprised there was a pound of cherries in this. Wonderful mouthfeel, apperance and flavor. A winner.

mvcramer (243) - Lexington, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 28, 2008
I waited a long time to try this one and it was worth the wait. Just an awesome unique beer. I was worried that this would be an over-sweetened lambic-esque beer, but it was not. Incredibly balanced, but still allowed that gorgeous cherry flavor to shine through. Poured a deep reddish light brown and a small white head. Aroma was cherries and a little smoky, barrel-aged tinge. Sweet and sour cherry flavor is balanced out with some light malt and yeast flavors. Delicious. Perfect to enjoy with Thanksgiving dinner. Loved it.

Kathy (241) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Opaque ruby red color with moderate head that quickly dissipates. Strong cherry pie filling aroma (the cherries without the goop -- the more sour (but still quite sweet) aroma). Lovely spiced-cherry flavor. Mildly tart, but mostly sweet. Not at all cloying. The spiciness is something like ginger or coriander. It's not pronounced, but it adds a little kick of texture and complexity. Very nice beer.

TheKegergator (241) - California, USA - MAY 25, 2007
Wow, what a brew. Starts with popping the top and getting hit in the face with the aroma, awesome. Cherries, cherries, cherries. Smell, taste, everywhere. Full bodied, and easy to drink. THanks a bunch TT.