overall
RATINGS: 1534   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Originally 5.1% - abv reduced to 4% sometime between 2009 and 2011.
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

orville (160) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 28, 2006
The strange thing about this "beer" is that I don’t like it, yet I rated it high. Its very complex in cherries and is quite good for a kriek lambic, but the problem is that it’s a kriek lambic. The only stlyes of beers that I hate are Lambics, fruit, and the dreaded scotch ale; too sweeeet. I recommend this beer, however, if you prefer sweet over bitter.

KAME (160) - California, USA - DEC 20, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2009 750mL bottle. This is a pretty awesome beverage, but probably the least beer-tasting beer that I have had that is actually this good. Pours a deep garnet red with a medium pinkish-white head. Aroma is very vinous, full of dark cherries, and very sweet. Flavor is sweet cherries with a slightly slick mouthfeel. This is a great beer, but I’d like it to be a bit lighter bodied and more carbonated. An awesome brew that I wish I had regular access to. Delicious.

Lorenasa (159) - Florida, USA - MAR 28, 2012
Pours a dark mahogany with a small head. Immediate aroma reminded me of Cherry cough syrup. After a bit the tanginess disappeared and it smells more like grandma’s cherry pie. Tastes very much like sour cherry pie flavor with a sweet finish.

hopbag (159) - - JUN 24, 2014
Like a tart cherry soda at first but with a nice rich profile underneath. Big cherry nose, maybe a little cough syrup. High carbonation is appropriate. Cherry skin in the finish. Bright red color. Belgian yeast character isn’t evident. Pleasant throughout and a nice holiday or dessert beer.

Vballnbeer (158) - Gorham, Maine, USA - JUL 5, 2013
Like the raspberry, this cherry beer is a perfect representation of a sour cherry beer. Find it and savor every drop.

balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2005 this beer not only makes me proud to be a Wisconsinite but also reminds me how great of a state WI is for food, beer, and many other things. this beer pours a deep, rich red color with an absolutely amazing aroma of sweet cherries...the flavor is packed with cherries, but perfectly balanced, not generic tasting!!!! well balance carbonation and sweet, silky finish....one of the best beers i have ever had.

DarkBeerChick (155) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - NOV 9, 2010
YUM! It smells of sweet candy, Juicy Juice Cherry with floral undertones. Pours golden copper with a pink tinge and sticky lacing. Taste is tangy, tart, sweet, apples, cherries and spice. It’s like drinking a jolly rancher! Minimal carbonation. Could drink this for dessert!

STL_Drew (153) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Good head red color hint of cherries I think this is a good beer kind of sweet with a slight tart flavor.

Northernbrewer (151) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 2, 2001
I will admit, I am not a fan of most ’fruit’ beers (except Lambics). This one changed my mind. It is fantastic. Dominated by a cherry pie aroma and backed up by spice and fuit from the beer the aroma is truly fine. Refreshingly tart with a fruity acidity that keeps the subtle sweetness from becoming cloying. Not just a real cherry character, but the character of the best cherries you have ever sucked of the pit. Remarkable.

LePoopie (151) - Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, USA - APR 22, 2006
Has a very pleasant mild cherry aroma. Pours with a hazy reddish-brown body, and athin, fizzy head. Excellent flavor, obviously cherry. It’s just right, not too strong, and not too mild. Body is kind of light, but with the right amount of carbonation. Overall, I can see why this is rated so highly. It’s very good.