overall
RATINGS: 1498   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Originally 5.1% - abv reduced to 4% sometime between 2009 and 2011.
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

Bigsky66 (148) - Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Sweet-candy cherry smell. Sour cherry taste with loads of bubbles and tingly on the tongue. Not a big fan of fruit beers but this one takes the cake. Better than any wine out there. Very sweet with a touch tartness.

jason1970 (143) - Illinois, USA - SEP 28, 2012
I’m not sure what more I can say about Belgian Red that hasn’t already been said. Fir what it is, it’s perfection. Gorgeous ruby red color with some slight fizzy head. The aroma is intoxicating sour cherry and some hops. I love the way this ale tastes. The sour and sweet cherries are incredible. This one is a real treat.

bboeckl (142) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - APR 20, 2008
Pours a cloudy red dark reddish brown. A bit of a cider like appearance. Aroma says "drink me". It is of ripened cherries freshly crushed. Taste is of sweetened maraschinos cherries. This is a beer that gives you exactly what you expect when you first pop the cork. A bit of oak tannins add to the complexity. This beer is very unique and deserves a high rating, however, it is a bit too sweet for my tastes. I can see how that would play well with a mass audience.

IPAaLLtHEwAY (142) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 1, 2008
Wow, i am impressed. this beer is wonderful. possibly the best fruit beer i have ever tasted. You can taste apple pie all over your palate. the cherries, the crust, the cinnimon, slight bits of vanilla,and carmel. Just amazing! Perfectly balanced; sweet and tart.

hrking (141) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 5, 2008
This beer is awesome. Hands down one of my top 10 favorites. This is taste more like a Hostess cherry pie than a beer. It is definitly a treat for sure . Not sure whether to drink my other bottle or keep it back and statre at it knowing the treasure that awaits my palate inside it! Get this beer and try it ..AWESOME!

anaheim1983 (140) - Anaheim, California, USA - JUN 12, 2006
Really good brew almost esoteric with its wierd type of pop cap type champagne bomber and great label. spicey wheaty and nice candy flavor excellent brew

Dunbar72 (136) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - AUG 19, 2011
Bottle, thanx to Nisse666. Pours hazy reddish with a small, off-white head. Sweet aroma with lots of cherry, bitter almond. Taste of cherry, sweet/sour, very fruity. Nice flavours, but a bit to sweet imo.

papat444 (136) - Carignan, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 10, 2017
Appearance: Pours a dark, crimson red with 1 finger head & lots of carbonation. Not bad. Smell: Sour cherry notes with slight sweetness. Nice smelling aroma. Taste: Sourness hits me straight on. Sour cherry with a dry, wood-like quality. Mouthfeel: Heavily carbonated but sourness unrelenting. I would have liked some more sweetness to balance it out.