overall
RATINGS: 1810   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Dragonís Milk is a 17th century term used to describe the strong beer usually reserved for royalty. This strong ale was aged in oak for over 120 days. The aging process extracts flavors from the wood, which contribute to its complex character. Hints of bourbon flavor perfectly compliment its roasted malts to produce a beer fit for a King.

temporrari (397) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUL 24, 2010
I am glad that despite the fact the label on the bottle calls this beer a stout, it is not designated one on this site. Because a stout it is not. Itís got some mild roast, some stout-like characteristics, sure. Itís not bad either. But itís certainly not dark or heavy enough to qualify. Itís a dark brown/amber color. Itís got a medium thick body. The alcohol is fairly noticeable. I canít say I tasted any bourbon or barrel flavors.

Vir4030 (603) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 23, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2010 Pours very dark and thick with not a lot of head. Aroma is thick and dark. Iím not sure Iím going to like this. I heard chocolate and vanilla. Letís find out. Take a drink. Itís like Alice in Wonderland. Could this be the gateway beer to porters and stouts? I know Iím going to like them sooner or later. Let me look for the vanilla and chocolate. I have a whole bomber. This beer is supposed to be the drinks of nobles. I wish I was a noble. A moose once bit my sister. I see now. Are my eyes open now? It reminds me of Dark Lord, to tell the truth. Maybe Iíll get some next year. Yes, it has the same sort of chocolate vanilla combination. WTF. Do I even like this? I donít know!!!!! I guess if Iím comparing it to Dark Lord, then it must be good. Unfortunately, I did not feel very good the next day, as my review might hint at. All I could taste all day was this Dragonís Milk and it was making me sick. So I donít know that I will be returning. I have another bottle - weíll see what happens. Definitely not a gateway, and the people on the forum laughed at my comparison to Dark Lord. Itís now over a week later. I can still taste this beer, and it gives me a mild headache to think about. I wish I had never drank this beer. I have another bottle at home, and I donít even think Iíll open it for guests because Iíll have to smell it. Ugh.

jimmiec (122) - Louisiana, USA - JUL 20, 2010
22-oz bottle Wine Works Springfield, OH - aroma: burnt, roasted, chocolate, coffee; appearance: clear, opaquic, jet black color, tan head, some laces; flavor: chocolate, raisin, dates, sweet, salty, oak, vanilla, caramel; mouthfeel: medium to full bodied, average carbonation; overall: very complex, dried fruit, and oaked stout with a sweet finish.

Trev (2023) - Lakeville, Minnesota, USA - JUL 18, 2010
cola brown pour with a thin tan head. aroma is pretty boozy for me. Lots of heat...bourbon, vanilla, some cherry fruit tones. Flavour is very nicely balanced. Roasted malt body, light chocolate, strong woody vanilla bourbon tones. relatively smooth dryish finish.

jeremytoni (3058) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - JUL 16, 2010
From a bottle poured a dark brown color with a small amount of head. Nice strong sweet malty flavor with a quick finish.

hatchattack (255) - Virginia, USA - JUL 12, 2010
Draught at Capital Ale House. poured a dark black color with tan head. great woody, boozy, roasted aromas. taste: is smooth roasted malts first, then some sweet rich raspberries and caramel. some hints of boubon and earthy notes. dry finish.

yobdoog (1888) - Kingston, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2010
Aroma has whiskey and wood with some roasted malt and sweetness, some caramel. A bit thin and the flavor lacks just a bit. Simple beer for a BA brew, some roasted malts and sweetness, a touch of vanilla.

conciergeman (73) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 11, 2010
dark, heavy ale that grew on me. Its true colors only came out when paired with a bitter chocolate mousse desert. disappointed with the aroma.

bpreo (2832) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUL 9, 2010
How I pine for the old days when dragons had not been domesticated, and I could actually drink wild dragons milk. Yea, and it was a Strong Ale, like drinking calcium enriched whiskey.

weitz15 (581) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2010
Strong, coffee like aroma. The brewís flavor is a mix of chocolate, hops, and malts. Unfortunately, there is also a metallic presence.