overall
RATINGS: 186   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 176   ABV: 5.85%
Michigan grown hops are the story in this seasonal harvest ale. Hopivore is wet-hopped with hops added to the brew just hours after harvest, creating rare, fresh flavors.

strongpieman (1651) - Mount Airy, Maryland, USA - JAN 9, 2013
Bottle. Copper color, off white head. Assertive hop aroma and bitterness in the taste... Fresh hops moderate and make refreshing. Very good beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TXBadger (2811) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 6, 2015
Pours a slightly hazy orange golden color with white head, light and fluffy. Hops, floral, grassy, citrusy goodness on the nose; follows onto the palate. Medium bodied. Finishes with mostly grassy and citrusy combination of hop notes. Nice wet hopped ale.

DrnkMcDermott (3136) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - NOV 16, 2011
Draft pint at Bavarian Lodge. Darker copper than your average IPA. Nice stiff topper of foam. Smell is what you want in an IPA, too. The description doesn’t mention the varietals of these Michigan hops, so I’m free associating citrus with a hint of mint and earth. More beerlike than the sweetness I had the two ratings previous, what definite hop profile and tingly bubbles. Not that the word "mint" is in my head, I keep associating it with the taste, almost like liking an envelope. Well, you’re either a hophead who demands pine tar and catpiss, or an adventurer who digs any iteration of the lupulin gland. If it’s in a beer, I’ll drink it!

mcnealc31 (258) - Elida, Ohio, USA - DEC 6, 2011
First off, I love the color. A clear and sparkling light ruby. Not much in the way of head, but those hops flavors are there immediately. Grapefruit, pine, then grass and herbs at the end. With enough sweet malt to balance things out. At 55 IBU, there is some kick, but not so much that you’ll pucker. And that’s the beauty of the wet hopped IPA. I think it’s very tasty. I’ll need to find more wet hopped IPAs to compare it to, but so far, I’m a fan.

ads135 (5031) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 4, 2012
Amber appearance with little head. Not an overwhelming aroma, but has hints of floral and grass smells. Tastes of resin and grains.