ogivlado (8316) - Zagreb, CROATIA - MAR 14, 2016 skullbeast (1) - , - OCT 30, 2008
4 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 17/20
A classy black can, pours clear and pale yellow, goes down smooth, with an easy drinking light bodied lager style. Invigorating to the palate, with a harsh bitter tang and acrid aftertaste, however this does diminish upon regular and excessive consumption . A gold star for value, best served at room temperature for ease of skulling.
Canned 440ml. -Courtesy of Marko, shared with him, kajser27 and franski. Yellow/pale golden coloured, small white head, weak corny nose. Bready, corny, watery, slightly salty and notes of vegetables in the finish. Drinkable but thin. kajser27 (2086) - Zagreb, CROATIA - MAR 8, 2016
Shared with ogivlado, franski and Marko.
Pale golden-yellow, clear, small+ white non lasting head. Aroma is of some malt, grains, some sulphur, bit grass. Taste is low+ sweet malty, some grain, cracker, buttery, bit green apple, grassy light+ bitterness, dry finish. Light+ bodied, watery, average carbonation. Marko (6275) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - MAR 7, 2016
Thanks Krešo! Shared with ogivlado, kajser and franski. Pale yellow-golden body, big white head that went away fast. Sourish corny aroma, kefir, vegetables, uh. Empty herbal aroma, vague apples, dry grainy note, perfumey. Very dry bready finish, vegetables. tekura (1) - - FEB 15, 2015 does not count
Good standard NZ lager with some strength. Well priced. Best if found in bottles. mkel07 (6546) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - AUG 9, 2014
Can from The Beer Cellar June 2013. Best thing I can say about this is that the can looked pretty good. As for what was in the can well that’s better left unsaid.
yungbeerguy (32) - NEW ZEALAND - SEP 7, 2013
This beer isn’t great but its alright, drinkable, cloudy and gassy good price DylansDad (670) - North Shore, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - AUG 10, 2013
Inoffensive, and in saying that, better than I remember from my youth. Its watery tepidness makes it completely forgettable, which, in a cheap beer like this, is a good thing. Mutante (4) - NEW ZEALAND - MAR 24, 2013 does not count
This is evil poison but the size and shape of the cans make it perfect fodder for wizard sticks.
HOW TO PLAY WIZARD STICKS:
* Get a box of NZ Lager or something else that comes in the big cans.
* When you finish a can attach it to the bottom of the new one with gaffer tape.
* When there are no beers left, fashion helmets out of the boxes.
* Shove each other a bit and exchange insults until either party says I DECLARE WIZARD STICKS.
* Go down the park and have a big sword fight with the cans you have taped together.
* Get into a massive argument with your girlfriend.
* Don’t be too upset because your mate has passed out and it’s therefore not too embarrassing.
* Realise that bitchy flatmate has been listening the whole time.
* Pray to whatever gods you believe in to strike you down. Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 15, 2012
Golden colour with a persistent white head and apparent carbonation. Smells of pale malt and a little skunk. Cold, yellow and mostly tasteless. There’s not a lot to this beer. Ingevara (910) - SWEDEN - JAN 22, 2012
A very standard lager. Dry composition, smooth and mild. No special flavors, slightly more emphas to the aroma than usually for this kind of commercial brew. Easy drunk, easy forgotten.