RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
“A dunkelweizen? That is music to my ears, my friend”. Our energetic Head of Sales, Charlie, has been asking for a dunkel since before we were brewing. One of his favorite styles, we were only too happy to oblige. And the “Unkle” part? Charlie just so happens to be Paul’s (the “business guy”) uncle. “Unkle Dunkel” is a dark version of a traditional Bavarian wheat beer. There are several lovely notes on the nose: banana, clove, and hints of chocolate as well. Smooth and drinkable, the finish brings you right back to the aromatic start: chocolate accented by banana. Hops are present in moderate fashion to provide an overall balance to the beer. Left unfiltered, this is a lovely session beer that can be enjoyed over and over again.

Most RecentTicked By

j12601 (12000) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - DEC 9, 2012
On tap at Newburgh. Pours a deep black with a medium sized beige head. Roast on the nose full of sesame notes, sweet wheat. The sesame on here is stunning, and I’m certainly a sucker for sesame oil notes in darker roastier beers. Soft sweet roast, malt, toast and cocoa. A bit of banana peeks through, soft wheat. Lovely roast. This was super drinkable, and I certainly had a number of pints of it (and then a growler two days later). Tons of body for a smaller ABV beer. Really liked this one.