overall
Brewed by Caledonian (Heineken UK)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Edinburgh, Scotland

RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
An Englishman’s first love is his brown ale. However, in the summer he often fancies blondes instead! With this inspiration, we’ve created Newcastle Bombshell, an English style blonde ale. The combination of Cascade, Hellertau and Northdown hops balance this golden coloured ale’s light aroma and bitterness with toasted malt to ensure a silky smooth finish. After one sip of this brew, we’re sure you’ll agree she’s a real bombshell.

kane71 (1) - Shawnee, USA - MAY 21, 2013 does not count
I don’t like real hoppy beer and I don’t know a lot but this is very good. Refreshing. Nice balance of bold flavor without being too bitter. The finish isn’t perfect but very good. It makes me want another drink.

ronaldtheriot (2008) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUN 18, 2013
Newcastle Bombshell has a medium-to-thick, creamy, white head and a clear, bubbly, golden appearance. Lacing is pretty nice. The aroma is pungent, with a relatively strong, sweet & sour, beery smell, and the flavor is a white-wine, grain, lemon, and lightly-toasted barley mix. Actually, it tastes much more of alcohol than the 4.4%, but it all works. There is a fairly strong, somewhat sour aftertaste. Also, there is a nice, hefty bitterness present. Mouthfeel is light to medium and somewhat oily, and Newcastle Bomshell finishes mostly dry, refreshing, and quite drinkable. This is not a dull beer, and can go toe to toe with any other summer ale. Overall, it’s delicious, and I strongly suggest try it. RJT

damzz (522) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Pours a clear yellow with a white head. Nose is citrus hops. Palate is medium body with citrus and a hop mild bitterness. Lingering aftertaste.

GnarlyGnome (673) - Fairfield, Ohio, USA - MAY 5, 2013
Bottle: pours a very light golden with a frothy white head. I love the aroma... Sweet, flowery honey. The flavor is crisp and sweet, but with a nice full mouthfeel. I really enjoyed this way more than I thought I would.