overall
RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
"Balance" is the key description for this smooth and refreshing Southwestern-style Blonde Ale. Nimbus Dirty Güera is brewed with the finest domestic pale malts and world-class Cara-Pils and Munich malts. Our use of select Perle and German Hallertau hops lends to the beer’s pleasant floral nose: low in fruitiness and mild in ester production. This combination produces a light, clean and crisp balance between malts and hops. Our Blonde’s subtle sweet undertones are derived from pure mesquite-flavored "killer-bee" honey that is harvested from hives in Bisbee, Arizona.

lucklys (62) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 13, 2011
So far, the outside of the bottles have definitely proven to add more character to the brews inside the bottles, and they portray each of the flavors pretty spot on. When I first poured the Dirty Güera into the glass, the head was thin, the visible carbonation dissipated quickly, and the lacing was clean, leaving no residue as it subsided. The color can be described as a foggy orange "blonde." See what I did there? Unfortunately, from this point onward, there’s really not a whole lot to say. --- The smell was quite hard to get a hold of, being light and airy without much hops. I did manage to pull out some caramel, spiciness, lime and a malty sweet scent, but there’s really not much there. I wish I had more to say, but even the flavor followed suit with a very light finish. Tasting went fairly quickly, and I found myself polishing off the first bottle within a few minutes just to try and get some characters out of it. I ended up with some extremely light caramel, honey, sweet malt, yeasty barley, and barely any hops. Along with the severe lack of hop flavor, there was zero aftertaste despite the wetness and good carbonation throughout the drink. I just could not keep a grasp on this beer, it rolled on and off my tongue without a second glance. --- In the very small amount of detail I’ve given though, I found myself rather enjoying this beer for its simplicity, only wishing it was a tad bit stronger in the delivery. But how much can you really expect from a beer with "delicate flavor characteristics"? But this is beside the point that the beer is very light and has 4% alcohol/volume in a 12oz. bottle, so it’s easy to drink on a hot day. They’re like a dime a dozen, if you catch my drift, haha. Overall, definitely a summer beer perfect for those barbecues when you know you’re gonna be swimming off all the ribs you just finished and don’t want to drown. Light and easy.

Sledutah (7838) - Utah, USA - DEC 4, 2010
On tap at Nimbus
Appearance: Slightly hazy golden with a small white head and some light lacing
Aroma: Pale malts and citrus
Taste: Pale malts and citrus
Ok, but light on aroma and flavor

beersearcher (2383) - Glendale, California, USA - OCT 19, 2010
Pours a mix of yellow and orange. Aroma is a touch bready. Some corn pop taste at first. Some baking soda too. Refreshing but not a blonde in my opinion.

jsquire (4599) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - SEP 18, 2010
Golden beer with a small white head. Light lemony nose. Sweet beer with some buscuit, pepper and a lemon peel finish. Nice enough golden ale.

Travlr (26091) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2010
Draft sample at the brewpub. Nice blonde ale, a bit peppery, a bit lemony, malt profile like a lager. Drinkable.

daknole (11402) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUN 13, 2010
Slightly hazy gold pour with a smallish white head. Aroma of butter and garbage. Real nice huh? Flavor of butter, old bananas, doughy white bread. Man this isn’t good.

Padron4KM (811) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - JUN 4, 2010
12 oz bottle
Pale straw, thin white head above lively carbonation.
Aroma has honey and not much else.
Flavor is husky grain, light bitterness, sweetish finish.

GKillian (525) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - MAY 27, 2010
Golden color, medium white head, some lacing. Notes of hay and melon. Well-balanced taste with a hint of bitterness and sourness, though not much of either.

Brigadier (3750) - Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2010
12 oz bottle
Another bonus bottle this one I cracked open as soon as I had the chance to set up a "Nimbus night". With a few bottles accumulating in the fridge it was a good reason to revisit what seems to be a solid Arizona brewery. My expectations were met but not exceeded. Once again this is a local/regional brewer that is mostly following the rules and probably has a reliable steady market as a result.

Aroma / Appearance - The hazy cloudy body bubbled with golden carbonation. A stark white head was in contrast to the yellowish tone below. Toasted whole wheat bread and some hops brought to mind the second runnings of a bigger beer. For the style and ABV I did not expect much more.

Flavor / Palate - Tart wheat hit the tongue. I was actually shocked at the level of flavor present. While it was not intense or complex it was enough that if I had a sixer of these it would be no problem to drink them on the deck in the spring or summer months. In fact because it is not complex the palate would still not be worn down after two or three. While I am not going to go on the lookout for more Nimbus releases if they come my way I’ll be sure to try them.

yemenmocha (659) - Glendale, Arizona, USA - JAN 13, 2010
Hazy blonde color (sorry couldn’t resist). Thin head doesn’t retain well. Nose is light fruits such as honeydew melon. Palate is sweet n sour with some tartness on the finish. Very light beer, but I’m suspicious of the sweet n sour element. I’m growing very tired of sampling Nimbus beers due to their mediocrity. They have a few notable ones but the rest aren’t worth finishing the glass.