overall
RATINGS: 180   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American style pale ale, this brew is hopped four times using plentiful quantities of Cascade and Columbus hops. The flavor is balanced by a subtle maltiness obtained from five varieties of malted barley and a slight fruitiness, to produce a classic beer in the style of the Pacific Northwest. A clean crisp ale with distinctive hop aroma.

rollinsr's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
rollinsr (820) - Atlanta, - AUG 18, 2012
Pours a hazy light amber with a thin layer of off-white head. Aroma is mostly yeasty with some crisp spruce-like hop notes. Flavor is bitingly bitter with not a lot of of other flavors. The one flavor I do get is soapy citrus at the end that leaves an awkward taste on the palate. Disappointing.

Bill Becker (1911) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 30, 2017
From Jul 2008

I got this bottle in a trade with tayner. Thanks Dana!

This pours....whoa...overflow! I spilled a couple of ounces as I didn't expect it be so lively. Anywho, it's a hazy light yellow gold with a huge head of foam. There's some lacing and the foam is shrinking very slowly...

The smell is all citrus. I get a lot of lemon, orange, and lime? I can't sense any malt at all.

The taste has the lemon and the orange, not so much the lime, and a very buttery flavour that's coating my tongue. That part I could do without but it's most prevalent in the finish. Bummer.

Mouthfeel borders on medium and the carbonation is light to medium.

Hmm...well..I'm glad I got the chance to try it but it is not my cup of tea and finishing the 12oz will be a chore.

1pintatatime (174) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 26, 2017
Brought back to WI from AZ. Pours a clear gold color with medium white head. Very mild aroma with no real hop presence. But, somehow those hops are lurking under the surface. The test starts bitter, has a bit of malt come forward, and then finishes with that same bitterness. Very reminiscent of a Red Hook or other NW pale ale. Not bad but not a flavor profile I seek out much.

ajnepple (7199) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 19, 2017
12 oz single bottle from Total Wine & More - Gilbert, AZ. Cloudy, deep orange appearance with visible sediment and a huge, lingering beige head. Aroma of toasted malt, mild hops, fruity esters and light husky grains. Similar flavor, bready, malty and toasty with mild malt sweetness and light hop bitterness. Light to medium body with a smooth feel and a lingering, light dry finish. Kind of werid, but OK.

Zymurgeist2 (2385) - Redwood City, California, USA - AUG 28, 2016
Bottle to glass in Tucson. This was the beer I had prior to my first time officiating a wedding....as I was marrying my buddy at 10 a.m. in AZ to beat the heat. Notwithstanding the happy event, this was a tough pale ale, with too much sweetness and lacking any hop complexity.

BlackBeerPG (940) - Darien, Illinois, USA - NOV 9, 2015
Taste is hop bitter, mild, clean.
Amber gold color, clear, on the lite body side.
Average head

thetmaxx (927) - West Sacramento, California, USA - JUL 25, 2015
Poured from the bottle. Nice head, good lacing. Aroma is quite dank. Flavor is quite bitter. Finishes really dry. Overall a pretty freaking good beer!

beerbaaron (2046) - Arizona, USA - JUN 5, 2015
Draft at brewpub. Clear orange gold, big frothy white head. Not as aromatic as is flavorful. Light. Crisp. Semi dry. Mild bitter. Nice Northwest hop character. Simple. Safe. Does the job.

MarinEvelyn (868) - Wisconsin, USA - MAY 23, 2015
Decent beer, a little dry and bitter for my taste but still fairly enjoyable. Slight citrus. Beautiful head

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 3, 2015
For the style -- quite good. One you should seek out? No. One you should have it have the opportunity? Yes.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has a nice malt and hops smell
Appearance- this is a murky amber colored brew with a small off-white head.
Taste- Has a yeast flavor and malt mixture, not bad.
Palate- This is a medium bodied brew with moderate carbonation.
Overall- Not a bad beer, slightly above average. I would drink this again.