Ninkasi ReNEWAle 2012 Porter

overall
Formerly brewed at Ninkasi Brewing Company
Style: Porter
Eugene, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
A new year! A new beer! Each year Renewale will be something new and special to enjoy while winter runs its course. Bittersweet chocolate aroma and flavors accentuate this dark, rich ale. Balanced and satisfying, this Robust style Porter is sure to bring cheer in the New Year!

bpreo (2863) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JAN 7, 2012
It’s just another Porter, but it’s brewed right. Happy New Year, Happy Last Year.

Reid (2558) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 5, 2012
22 oz bottle from Fred Meyer,S.Salem. $3.79 Very dark coloured porter almost black , large creamy,thick tan head. aromas of toasted cereal,hay, slight cocoa. MM strange liquorice root flavours, then treacle and nuts..dark coffee bitterness in the back.. i like it! palate was just fine for style maybe even a bit thicker than usual Going against the grain but i liked this..especially thebliquorice/treacle taste

boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 1, 2012
Full disclaimer ahead of time. I have a special place in my heart for ninkasi.. Their support of mnt. Bike Or won me over. Look- black as can be. Very little head and it was gone within seconds. No activity. I mean like not one bubble. Smell not there. No activity so that didn’t bring any smell to the top. Taste- slight bitter with a little sour and coffee. Burnt coffee. Little chile bite on it as well which I didn’t expect. Feel. Odd feeling of spice. Overall. Not for me. I won’t finish this 12 oz bottle

dkingsella (152) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 29, 2011
Poured a very dark mahogany with not much of a head. Some nice malty notes in the nose including chocolate, coffee and toasted nuts. Very nice taste with a medium mouthfeel and dry finish. Overall very good Porter. Will try and re-rate later when I’m not so tired and don’t find myself at a loss for words.