overall

RATINGS: 82   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%

carboloader's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2014
Orange, lemon, pine hops with big tree sap bitterness. Big bold aroma carries through to the swallow. San Diego style.

aaronbr (188) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUL 8, 2017
On tap as a guest draft at Alvarado Street Brewery in Monterey. My brothers and I got a sampler each of many hoppy beers to try over lunch on our road trip. Clarity is great, medium gold in color. Good, nonistinct aroma, taste is tangerine and herbs. Excellent!

BeerandBlues2 (13321) - Escondido, California, USA - MAY 7, 2017
Draught at Crush and Brew. Pours clear deep gold with a large, creamy white head, long retention with good lacing. Aroma is moderate citrus, grassy and pine hops with light cracker malt. Flavor is moderate citrus, pine and grassy hops and bitterness, light cracker malt and a dry finish. Medium body and carbonation.

gyllenbock (9177) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - FEB 2, 2017
On tap at North Park Brewing, San Diego. A bit hazy golden with a white head. Aroma and taste of grapefruit, hops, caramel and some herbs. The body was medium as was the bitterness.

mcberko (17840) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 31, 2016
On tap at the Growler Guys PDX, pours a clear pale yellow with a small white head. Aroma brings out soapy, floral hops, some disinfectant. Flavour is definitely off, with disinfectant and soapy notes. Something terribly wrong here - undrinkable.

rick_91709 (459) - USA - AUG 21, 2016
Poured from a bottle. Pale gold with a smallish white head. Citrus aroma. Citrus taste with a little bit of pine. Very easy going down. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Ahuth (591) - Illinois, USA - JUN 6, 2016
Bottled. Pours hazy Amber. Big hop smell. Sticky medium palate. Has a big upfront citrus hops. Tangerine and orange zest. Aftertaste is Cascade or centennial hops. Piney florals hop. Decent Ipa

kathouse (1893) - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA - MAR 13, 2016
Big tangerine and apricot aroma from a light golden ale. Good fruit and citrus flavor and mildly bitter finish.

drfabulous (7945) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 8, 2015
22 ounce bottle thanks to BeerInTummy. Clean orange pour. Big tangerine and orange notes. Hoppy. Nice.

Danyel (1606) - Colorado, USA - NOV 23, 2015
Tap at brewery. Pours yellow with white head. Aroma us strangely herbal, lots of citrus, lemony, sweet oranges, sage. Taste is med bodied, med carbonation, easy to drink, hoo forward. Overall, great ipa.

lightbias (453) - USA - NOV 2, 2015
This is the last bottle from a friend down in SoCal and I wanted to make it this one for a reason. Linda sent me up two bottles from this brewer and I wanted to make it last, but you all know...IPAs and all. I can’t wait too long, so one at the beginning of the box, and one at the end. I do feel a sense of loss. - I pull the top back and the brew erupts in aroma. I close my eyes and easily imagine oranges bursting from the mouth; juicy, sweet and dripping. I pour and watch the mandarin orange fluid spill from the neck, the dense, eggshell head a finger deep and refusing to rise, despite my efforts to tease it to greater heights. It subsides quickly and by the time I lift the glass, the foam is a thin sheet on the surface of the beer, thick only at the glass. - The oranges are huge, and the closer I get, the more heady the aroma. I pull at the beer, drawing it over my tongue and filling my mouth with it. The flavor is full of sap; spruce and honey, sticky and sweet. A deep exhale brings forward an edgy taste that would stop anyone in their tracks, if they were the type that "didn’t like that bitter kind of beer". For me, it’s just right. The aroma plays with the taste and accentuates it nicely. The carbonation is an underwhelming aspect of this. The stickiness of the brew, the syrupy body kills it quickly as it warms. I would enjoy it a touch more lively, but I certainly would indulge in this again. - I was just telling a good friend that if I could buy more 12 ounce bottles, it would be easier for me to review more often. In this case (as in many others) I am glad that my happy chance to review this one, is with a bomber.