overall
RATINGS: 1785   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   IBU: 42   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Malt and hops are beautifully married in this full-bodied, copper-red Pale Ale. Red Seal Ale is generously hopped in the traditional manner for a long, spicy finish.

lmahony199 (52) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2001
I love pale ales and IPAs, this is my new favorite

BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 25, 2008
12oz brown bottle from The Lighthouse in Manchester. Pours a hazy light amber-red body with a good inch of off-white head that leaves some nice lacing. Aroma consists of equal parts pungent sweet caramel-honey maltiness and crisp citrussy American hops. Wow. Tastes sweet and malty initially, with caramel, honey, and slight biscuit notes, with a fair bit of support from grassy and citrussy American hops and a semi-dry finish. On the lighter side of medium-bodied with a fair bit of carbonation which is just subtle enough to enhance the drinkability. Super-drinkable, though not so much so that any of the other attributes, most notably flavor, take a back seat. Unbelievable. Practically perfect in every imaginable way. Tastes to me like home-brewing smells. For the style and for any beer, this is about as perfect as they come - it’s the first perfect ’5’ I have ever given. Amazing.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JUN 14, 2009
This was my first craft beer I ever had. i remember it being so good compared to the other swill I had consumed up to that point. It sent me on a journey to experience other beers and styles. After trying it today I can appreciate it even more. Although my tastes have leaned more toward the hoppy. This is a world class pale. The balance and complexity are second to none. There is softness in the blending of flavors that is exquisite. Every fridge should have this beer in it.

torfje (2) - NORWAY - NOV 4, 2015 does not count
Fantastic ale! Beats Sierra Nevadas Pale Ale. Rich taste, low on sweetness and fruit, good hops. Probaly the best ale I ever had.

kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2003
A very nice American pale ale. Easy going down with a nice aftertaste. A pleasant surprise. The draft version of this is excellent.

ericcassidy (38) - Ohio, USA - DEC 30, 2009
fruity, hoppy, well balanced, refreshing. I really enjoyed this beer with a salty snack. MORE!

Cool_Bond (2647) - KUNG_AV_OL @ Instagram, SWEDEN - JUL 13, 2012
Still, this beer in my top 10 list of the world’s best beers. Then I had time to try a few hundred pieces. Of course the best "red beer" that you can get in.

fbenz (23) - East Bethel, Minnesota, USA - SEP 19, 2014
Almost the perfect blend of malt and hops. The malts give it a round mouthfeel then the hops give it a bitter clean finish. This is one my my favorite beers.

soulgrowl (52) - Kitakyushu-shi, JAPAN - MAY 7, 2008
Aroma: Wheat toast with strawberry jam and honey. Tart, sweet, and roasty. Excellent, nutty malts. Hops impart a hint of citrus and an earthy character. Appearance: Thick, hazy, cinnamony brownish-red, glowing pinkish-orange where the light hits it. Parchment-colored, fluffy head with good retention. Flavor: Sooo good. Tastes mostly of caramel malts, English breakfast tea, and grassy, perfectly dry hops. A hint of rummy alcohol. There’s also something distinctly fruity about this beer, a very subtle blend of berries, bananas, grapefruit, and apples. Clean, dry finish. Goes great with Brazil nuts. Palate: Frothy, somewhere between light- and medium-bodied, and clean. Good for the style. Overall: This is an excellent go-to beer for everyday drinking.

ElBastardo (13) - Illinois, USA - AUG 15, 2002
A west coast classic,the first American Pale that combines great American hops with great session quality.I visited this brewery long ago and it started in a LongJohnSilvers type Seafood place,brings a tear to my eye.