overall
RATINGS: 1742   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   IBU: 42   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Malt and hops are beautifully married in this full-bodied, copper-red Pale Ale. Red Seal Ale is generously hopped in the traditional manner for a long, spicy finish.

lmahony199 (52) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2001
I love pale ales and IPAs, this is my new favorite..........................

BigBen2120 (687) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 25, 2008
12oz brown bottle from The Lighthouse in Manchester. Pours a hazy light amber-red body with a good inch of off-white head that leaves some nice lacing. Aroma consists of equal parts pungent sweet caramel-honey maltiness and crisp citrussy American hops. Wow. Tastes sweet and malty initially, with caramel, honey, and slight biscuit notes, with a fair bit of support from grassy and citrussy American hops and a semi-dry finish. On the lighter side of medium-bodied with a fair bit of carbonation which is just subtle enough to enhance the drinkability. Super-drinkable, though not so much so that any of the other attributes, most notably flavor, take a back seat. Unbelievable. Practically perfect in every imaginable way. Tastes to me like home-brewing smells. For the style and for any beer, this is about as perfect as they come - it’s the first perfect ’5’ I have ever given. Amazing.

mrhoppy (1196) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JUN 14, 2009
This was my first craft beer I ever had. i remember it being so good compared to the other swill I had consumed up to that point. It sent me on a journey to experience other beers and styles. After trying it today I can appreciate it even more. Although my tastes have leaned more toward the hoppy. This is a world class pale. The balance and complexity are second to none. There is softness in the blending of flavors that is exquisite. Every fridge should have this beer in it.

torfje (2) - NORWAY - NOV 4, 2015 does not count
Fantastic ale! Beats Sierra Nevadas Pale Ale. Rich taste, low on sweetness and fruit, good hops. Probaly the best ale I ever had.