RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 4.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

Most RecentTicked By

Nate's rating

Nate (4279) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 19, 2008
On cask at North Country. Holy smoke! This has the smokiest nose of a beer that I’ve tried which wasn’t from Germany. Great balance of smoke, meaty quality, and light molasses. Deep dark black, impossible to see through, topped with a creamy light tan lacing, lasting head. Smooth silky body, a bit thick, with light carbonation from the casks. Starts smoky with light acidity, burnt coffee and oak, meaty. Big bitterness to quell the sweet molasses and brown sugar malts. Mild bitter finish with tons of smoke in the after. Great company to the garlic burger. Wonderful smoke beer.

LetsGoState (877) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2010
My first try at a smoked beer and I was impressed. It hits you hard with the smoky taste. In fact, outside of a little bitterness, smoke is all this beer is - not that it’s a bad thing.

Irishlad7 (10) - , Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 22, 2008
The name speaks for itself. This porter really has a great smoky flavor making me want a nice piece of smoked meat of any kind. For first timers trying this porter, take it easy on the first gulp otherwise the smoky flavor will overwhelm your taste buds. This not my absolute favorite porter I have ever had but it comes real close.