overall
RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Beware of beer. There, we warned you. The frothy head, and pungent, piney dryhopped scent (from Cascade and Amarillo hops) should alert you to the brew’s imminent attack on your senses. Next, Cascade, Perle and Willamette hops will batter your palette with bitter ferocity. Finally, Pale, Crystal (30 and 75) and wheat malts converge in a cloudy, thick body and give you a smooth kiss of sweet death – and leave you howling for more!

MikeBaas (1) - Ohio, USA - FEB 12, 2011 does not count
An American Wheat IPA is not a recognized type of beer yet, but North Peak has successfully brought the two types of beer together nicely. It has a nice hoppy aroma, full body that finishes with some very nice dry bitter notes. It has the smoothness of a wheat beer, but it does not leave you with that feelinig that most wheat beers leave, like you just ate a whole loaf of bread.

AbbeyRoade (547) - Missouri, USA - JUN 3, 2014
Truly delicious. Sweet honey aroma and fantastic honey taste upon sipping. Fully thick, wheaty, oaty flavor. Great brew.

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2013
$2.19 single bottled 5/17/13. Poured in a Sam Adams Perfect Pint on 6/17/13. Appearance: First of all, I love the bottle -- it has that stubby, Red Stripe-like bottle, if you didn’t know already. The beer pours a very slightly hazy orange color with about two fingers of head. Great lacing at the start, but none after the first few sips. Smell: Very, very sweet to my nose. Candy-like sweetness. There’s also some citrus aromas in there, and the sweetness almost makes this smell like clementine candy, or something like that. Pleasant, but I don’t get the bursting hops that I was expecting. Taste: At first I didn’t think this drank like an IPA, but then I wondered what other style it tastes like ... I GUESS it’s an IPA. A lot of sweetness up front with some sorts of non-descript citrus flavors... maybe some banana or something as well. The bitterness comes in on the aftertaste, and it’s the perfect amount for this beer. I don’t get much wheat flavors at all outside of the first few sips... if it wasn’t on the label, I’d probably not realize it was there at all. The feel is medium through and through... the beer has a solid body to it, and there’s a slight prickly carbonation. This sentence here is a bit out of place, but I wanted to mention that Vicious changes in taste quite a bit as it warms. I tend to find that a beer gets sweeter when it warms up (especially if it was initially sweet when it was just out of the fridge), but this one gets a bit of a stronger bitter bite. The wheat character also comes out slightly, but it’s still not *obviously* there -- but maybe that’s for the better. It probably is. Basically, I’d like another. It’s slightly more expensive than some IPAs out there, but this is yet another tasty Michigan brew. I give Vicious an overall of 4 simply because, as good as it is, it may be a bit too sweet for my tastes when craving an IPA. At the same time, this beer is just balanced enough that it’d be an easy beer to drink a lot of. That’s a pretty inconsistent statement, but my point is made: Vicious is a good beer.

Brentv (672) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 19, 2014
I like this beer quite a lot better than the consensus here. From the stubby bottle, pours a dark honey color with a huge frothy white head and lots and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is piney and citrus. Taste has a wonderful maltiness that gives way to pine citrus hoppy bitterness. Medium slick mouthfeel, and perfect carbonation. This is a very nice beer that I would love to have again.

spbays (11) - alpena, Michigan, USA - JAN 21, 2012
Vicious is the word. The balance between the wheat and hops really play on each other producing a cynergistic effect like no other. It may tear at my pallet and shread my taste buds but that is what i wanted and that is what I got.

badlizard (5533) - Berkeley, California, USA - DEC 5, 2010
Hazy golden with a huge fluffy off white head. Caramel, grain, and grapefruit aroma and taste with a crisp yet chew palate and a beautiful sweet fruit bread finish.

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - OCT 6, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2012 My favorite wheat ipa. Sweet with almost a dipa malt character. Pours dark orange and smells of citrus hops and some wet dog. An excellent ipa, with some unique wheat flavor just in the background. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

joshwoodward (575) - - APR 5, 2013
Very nice! I’d written off North peak, but this is tasty. Not a lot of wheat flavor, but a solid aromatic IPA.

masonjer (609) - Holt, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2010
Had this on tap at the Cafe in Ann Arbor. Poured an orange color with a nice white head. Aroma was of floral hops, a bit of wheat and some earthy bitterness. Taste is much the same, hops are juicy but add some herbal bitterness at the end. Nice and refreshing, the wheat seems to smooth it out a bit. I’d like to try this one again.

BeerBaron617 (358) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 7, 2010
On tap at JP in Ann Arbor. Pours a nice hazy orange-Amber with small head. Holds true in being a Belgian IPA, however not the best I’ve had of this style. Good stuff, but I probably won’t get it again. Cheers!