overall
RATINGS: 2224   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dolemite77 (184) - Maryville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 13, 2008
It doesnt seem as hoppy to me as ABA (non -oaked), smells like a candy shop. I think this would probably cellar very well (Based on my results with a similar homebrew). Caramel continues to the flavor... Some people seem to think this is not much different than ABA, but I disagree. I got this at a different liquor store, so it could be fresher, or more aged, didnt check the date on my prior rate for ABA...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2008
another one from the last Devonshire tasting. dark brown and cloudy. nice foamy head. aroma of coffee and malts. flavor was kind of bland but more hoppy than I thought it would be. had a burnt wood taste. left a strange film on the palate that I didnt care for. too me this is a beer to sip on and take my time with.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - SEP 6, 2010
tap @Stone Brewery, nice frothy head with lingering lacing on glass. Reddish brown color. Woody, malty aroma. Alcohol noticeable as well, though not overly so. Nice malty flavor, with a bit of hops as well. Even though I would have liked an even stronger oak aroma and flavor profile, this was another outstanding Stone beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
julieimagery (182) - Coconut creek, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2012
Very good, much better than their regular arrogant bastard, it has a lot more malt and more pungent hop flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
couchand (182) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2008
Brilliant burnt umber, big straw head falling quickly but leaving rings. Subtle malty nose, some oak, a world of herbs and spices as well. Big and malty, with caramel, toast, and light sweetness. Strong hoppy bitterness. Some oak, ginger, and a light nutiness. Initially almost too thick, fading to a livelier, more drinkable palate. Remains somewhat cloying. I keep going back and forth on whether I could drink this whole six pack. edit: I could but I wont.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
3Faveryrogue (181) - Aslip, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2010
[A] Great mix of aromas. Maltiness releases sweet caramel, cookie, toffee, bready, brown sugary smells. Whilst the hops are very pungent, piney citrus. A wet oaky waft is a great touch over a spot of alcohol. [A] A ruby-amber hued brew. With a respectable tan cap. Thin foam never quite disappears. Beer sits calmly in glass. [F] The rosy oak character seems to hit me up front. Along with a blast of very harsh bittering hops. Malt seems far out of focus to the tastebuds this evening. Caramel sweetness very subdued, even on end. [P] The oak seems to add a pleasant dry character. And the hops are phenomenally bitter. But this is seemingly a one-and-done brew. Touch too much for an extended session. Although, Im always up for a challenge. [O] I love hoppy brews, and Ive enjoyed regular AB before, but this didnt quite hit the spot tonight. Single bottle. Will sometime revisit.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gpnterojd (179) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 29, 2009
Aroma of cherries, alcohol, marzipan and yeast. Deep rusty red. Flavour is hop heavy. Malts are more apparent in the aroma, hops are more apparent in the flavour. Laces well. As my mouth adjusts to the bitterness, the oak and yeast begin to shine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
flylikeabanana (179) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAR 3, 2013
Bottle pours a hazy brown with a full tan head, nice lacing. Aromas of peach and grapefruit. Taste is oaky, brown sugar, chocolate malts, and citrusy hops. Bitter but full and balanced. Aftertaste is rich coffee. An interesting palate of flavors.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
eyesandsmiles (179) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - NOV 28, 2007
Arrogant Bastard has never been one of my favorite stone offerings. The oak tastes much the same to me. It still has this slightly syrupy feel on the palate I dont like. The flavors are pretty good. The oaking seems to make only subtle differences.

JDUB (178) - Venice Beach, California, USA - DEC 10, 2006
Clear, deep mahogany/cherry color (darker than the non-oaked Bastard), off white lasting head; very inviting. Similar super strong floral/piney/citrus hop aroma to the regular Bastard, slight oak aroma which is a nice addition. Oak taste is pretty masked by the mother-loads of delicious hops, though. 12-oz bottle. Pasadena, CA, USA.