overall
RATINGS: 2175   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

heylrule (46) - Frederick, Maryland, USA - JAN 17, 2008
i had this one on a 5 hour trip to pick up some beers i cant get in md. smelled great of vanilla to me. didnt reall see it since it was out of the bottle. definatly want to try again

mlmeeks (46) - Winona, Mississippi, USA - DEC 17, 2012
I get oak and hops for the aroma. Dark copper color. Nice off-white head. Leaving laces. Taste starts with bitterness from hops into an oak after taste. Well balanced.

urraca (44) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 5, 2008
Dark, red color on he pour with a brown head. Bouquet of hops and some oak and cherry. The oak aging definitely hides the alcohol taste, lots of malt, and sweet hints. Just too oaky for me, gives a hint of burning on the finish.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUN 16, 2009
The oak takes the edge off the hops to produce a more balanced ale of excellent quality. This was my favorite beer from Stone brewing until I tried their Levitation Ale.

SandK (44) - Arizona, USA - OCT 7, 2010
Extremely similar in taste to the normal version of Arrogant Bastard Ale, nothing significant enough to warrant a better/worse rating from the original version. Very drinkable, smooth with a dry finish. Slightly bitter with notes of caramel and citrus. Nice.

K-2.9
S-3.8

Bill86 (43) - Tennessee, USA - JUN 3, 2008
I think I like the original better, nevertheless this is quite a good tasting beer. I would definitely buy it again for 3 bucks a bottle anytime. A bit of a bitter finish but it was a nice bitter, not a skunky bitter finish.