overall
RATINGS: 156   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Beer with Tequila stave-aged lager and natural flavors. Broken Barrel Brewing Co.

tmohr's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
tmohr (40) - Illinois, USA - APR 8, 2016
12 ounce bottle, no glass, because what's the point? Basically a mild fruit beer, tastes agave, slightly tart. Not bad, actually. I've had worse. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

FrothyStein5 () - Sioux City, Iowa, USA - NOV 1, 2017
I really enjoyed this beer. Love the taste of agave that gives it a taste of a good tequilla. I am sorry to find that I am unable to find the beer in my area. So bummed about this. I have also read comments of people sayings it's gross and honestly, I doubt they know what good taste like.

ajnepple (7059) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 23, 2017
12 oz bottle into a pint glass. Clear golden colored appearance with a fully dissipating white head. Aroma of sweet grains, malt syrup, lime zest and a touch of tequila. Similar flavor, adding moderate sweetness and minimal bitterness. Light to medium body with a slight watery feel. Meh.

higgsbison (266) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 20, 2017
very light, very carbonated, definite notes of lemon. Different and interesting. Wife loved it and thought it also had notes of apple and cinnamon ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bacchus66 (937) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 16, 2017
12oz bottle. Clear yellow with a full white head. Nose is malt, tequila, lime. Flavors are grainy corn, tequila, sweet agave, malt. Funky finish. Light bodied. Meh.

marcel83 (1) - Blackville, South Carolina, USA - MAY 22, 2017 does not count
Finally something other than bud I’m this town! An appreciated change of taste. Enjoyed every drop.

PugUglyBrewer (791) - - APR 7, 2017
I remember this one all too well and none too well of you catch my drift. The idea behind it is unique and imaginitive, but the end product was a bit overkill. Very sweet agave flavor was overbearing to the beer and made my stomach turn after a couple. If the agave was toned down a bit this could have been a real winner.

mummy_hunter (1) - Nevada, USA - FEB 13, 2017 does not count
So i’m a pretty easy man to please when it comes to beer. Usually if it tastes good I like it and am happy. I love my ales and micro brews don’t get me wrong but nothing beats a good "island style" lager every once in awhile. Oculto’s biggest selling point is it’s marketing which makes you believe that it’s anything other than a simple lager. The beer claims to have this wonderful tequila overtone because it was brewed on Tequila barrel staves but honestly I couldn’t taste the tequila at all. Oculto tastes like watered down Corona and in fact I actually had to add 3 limes and salt just to get any sort of enjoyment out of this beer. Like I said earlier Oculto’s only redeeming factor is it’s marketing which makes this beer seem very intriguing and mysterious even though it’s literally made by the same people who make Budweiser and Bud Light. Honestly I prefer Corona over this beer flavored water anytime.

TequilaReader (54) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2016
citrus, golden, clear, minimal head, white foam, medium sweetness, light body, lively,

Tessic (1206) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 3, 2016
This one poured a clear yellow colour with a bright white, foamy head. Scents include minimal tequila, plastic, cardboard and a little corn. First swig was quite smooth and a little creamy with sweeter flavours. A little tequila flavour along with sweet malts and a little corn. Finish is quite sweet with a light caramel flavour on the palate.

jsporrer (1116) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2016
Pours a clear pale yellow with a thin white ring. Light aroma of Tequila. Very thin texture. Lightly sweet taste from the agave and a hint of Tequila flavor. Unique taste for a beer. Not bad but not as enjoyable as I thought it might be.