overall
RATINGS: 814   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Richer than most amber ales, 90 Shilling is smooth & deeply satisfying, with a crisp, clean Colorado taste. The name comes from the old Scottish method of naming a brewery's beer, based on original gravity and resulting tax rating.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
murawski (160) - USA - AUG 20, 2006
This beer is exactly as advertised -- "an irresistibly smooth and delicious medium-bodied amber ale." I really enjoyed this ale, with a mild aroma, smooth malty flavor, and a nice mouthfeel (not too watery, like most amber ales). Overall, I would recommend this. I drank this one while unpacking our stuff after we moved into our first house, and it really hit the spot.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ilikestuff (224) - Irving, Texas, USA - AUG 14, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 23, 2007 This is my favorite beer to drink on tap when I am in Fo Co. Incredibly smooth character with a nice malty flavor. Pours a nice brown color with a decent off white head. Low hop profile leads to a easy to drink great tasting brew. Do yourself a favor and check out this brew, my favorite by Odell.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dyetube (1374) - Hurst, Texas, USA - AUG 13, 2006
This beer pours a dep reddish amber color with a small tan head that dissaptes leaving a little lacing on the sides. Interesting smell! malty almost oil like smell. Not much on the hop side when you taste it. I expected a little more hopiness and bite to it. Kinda dissapointed me as I just drank a 5 barrel ale from odell. But, this is a farily decent beer. Cheers!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jmcguire1969 (162) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - AUG 13, 2006
This reminds me of Fat Tire but is much better. Malty feel early on and a fruity finish gives this a better feel that the NB version. The Odell beers have a very distinctive but common (accross the styles) taste...must be the hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - AUG 7, 2006
Had on draft at Jax in Denver. A dark amber color...not opaque. Some great malty flavor. Not hoppy. Not much head. Really nice drinking beer. My first Odells and I was impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - AUG 3, 2006
Bottled, thanks Slothgar! Dark brown pour with a thin white head, candy and bread in the nose, sweet maltiness throughout. Nice mouthfeel. Good work!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Arnie (274) - Chicagoland, IL, Illinois, USA - AUG 2, 2006
Bottled (with thanks Slothgar T.): Light and easy-drinking. A mild nose of malts and hops; flavorful (and same) on palate. Clean finish. Dark golden color.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
luckygirl (1223) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2006
Bottled. Best before 09.27.06. Beer is a clear medium-dark plum-brown color with a small, white, frothy, mostly diminishing head. The aroma is pretty small. Its malty with light notes of slightly husky roasted grain, caramel, cookie, trace of cocoa; Light miscellaneous notes of steak sauce and gingerbread. Trace of herbal hop. The flavor is more vivid. Its moderately bittersweet, moderately acidic with a long, lightly bittersweet, lightly acidic/dry finish. The body is medium, the texture is watery and the carbonation is lively.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
trafford (171) - Germantown, Tennessee, USA - JUL 19, 2006
This was my first beer from Odells and I really enjoyed it. It had a grat deep amber color and a rich malty flavor. Im looking forward to trying other Odells beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tmoney99 (13994) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 15, 2006
Draft at Old Chicago in SD. Clear copper color with a huge frothy off-white head that lasted and had good lacing. Moderate balanced malt and hoppy aroma. Medium body. Medium balanced sweet bitter flavor with a medium bitter finish of moderate duration. First beer from this brewer and it was better than my expectations.