Odell Footprint RegionAle (2012)

overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
There are ten states that make up what we call our distribution footprint. Each state made a unique contribution to Footprint. This artful ale is our tribute to these states in which our beer is available. The result is a crafty collective of regional flavors:

Colorado – Hops and barley
Nebraska – Corn
New Mexico – Green Chiles
South Dakota – Barley and honey
Wyoming – wheat

50% ale brewed with honey, 10% ale brewed with honey and aged in wine barrels, 40% ale brewed with honey and natural flavors added

rivertranced (26) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 7, 2012
This is a tough beer to rate against a style, so my assessment is purely based on general enjoyment. Poured a beautiful straw color with a huge white head. Great carbonation. Aroma is subtle. Would have expected more honey notes in the nose. Picking up a little floral hop aroma. Alcohol is present both in nose and palate. Palate is sweet, yet very sessionable. Honey shows through here, which isn’t easy to brew. Great mouthfeel....doesn’t linger. Would definitely drink this beer again!

bpr77 (264) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - MAY 11, 2012
Pours an orange hazy color. Aroma is hoppy citrus and malts almost like an ipa is what i am anticipating. Whoa, flavor is way different sweet at first getting pinneapple and candy and then apircots and vanilla earthy tones with some spicey heat notes that finishes clean what an interesting beer ! Really exceptional from a flavor and taste dynamic

bigred22 (85) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 5, 2012
This was an extremely sweet beer, but definitely well balanced. Very fruity aroma, and yet it is a beer you could drink a whole bottle and still enjoy it at the end. I like unique beers and this one is just that

tennisjoel (1487) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - APR 19, 2012
This on the surface seems like a really complex beer. Golden pour with a large yet quickly disappearing head. Strongest notes are pear, honey, and oak. Fairly unique. A bit sweeter than I expected. Overall a decent beer, extra points for uniqueness. A beer I’d consider purchasing again, though the price tag is a bit hefty.

BeerCast_Rich (1906) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAY 24, 2013
[keg, Friends of Ham, Leeds] Extremely excited about trying this, on arriving at FoH I asked how much was left, and the barman replied there was plenty. Drank a few alternatives, then chose the Footprint last, out dribbles less than a third of a pint. So, I got (for free), the last part of the only keg in Europe of Odell Footprint. Opaque golden amber, with a large white head, it had a lovely aroma of orange barley sugar, straw, pine and leather. On the taste, sweet, slightly honey-esque with caramel malt, before a lot of citrus fruit, and then on the finish a peppery, metallic edge before the alcohol arrives. To be honest, I didn’t get much chilli other than maybe as that spritzy copperyness. Still, a great beer – no idea what prickly pear tastes like so we can chalk that one off. I imagine it featured in the overall thought of the beer – which was slightly coppery honeysuckle. Only complaint I have is that I’d like to have had more [18052013]

maltman53 (472) - Corrales, New Mexico, USA - MAY 25, 2014
This is a huge mouthful of 9.5% ABV apricot and mango compote. Feels like a desert beer, for sure. Hops are there but overwhelmed by the broad malt backbone. Overall, a very well-balanced high-gravity beer.