overall
RATINGS: 910   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Ready to buck convention? We took the traditional IPA, originally shipped from Englad to India in the 1700s, and made it bolder and more flavorful - American style. We've added new varieties of highly aromatic American hops to create a distinctive bitterness profile and an incredible hop character. Hop on, hold tight, and enjoy the ride!

Die_Kapusta (191) - Malmö, SWEDEN - AUG 23, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2010 Nice orange color with bright white head. Slightly hazy. The smell is a bit weak but pleasant. Peach, gooseberry and fresh hops in the aroma. It taste of citrus, malt and fresh hops, and somehow I get a feeling of "sweet & sour". A bit dry finish, and a bit too short for my taste. Overall, a good IPA.

Padron4KM (811) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - AUG 22, 2010
Bottle
Hazy golden with a short lived beige head, sticky lace.
Caramel malt aroma, layered with honey and grapefruit. Every now and then I pick up some sweet earth. Flavor starts out sweet. Floral, honey, caramel. Finish is fruity. Orange and grapefruit with some floral sweetness mixed in.

EricE (1372) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 21, 2010
Pale straw colored pour with a white head. Aroma dominated by h ops with lots of pine and citrus some herbal, onion, and basil notes. Light sweetness wtih lots of hops. Very bitter ifnish. Earthy with basil, pine and citrus. Decent IPA.

HopheadHans (804) - Bay Area, California, USA - AUG 20, 2010
Tap at Falling Rock. can hold a candle to any NorCal IPA. Very nice flavor profile of piney and fruity hops, great nose of grapefruit, nice bitter finish and very smooth.

Travlr (26128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 19, 2010
33 cl bottle shared with James. Golden color, large white head. Aroma of citrus. Taste is progressively bitter, medium body. OK.

Skeegle (566) - Maryland, USA - AUG 18, 2010
Great IPA. Hoppy, bitter, full bodied, this is one IPA that isn’t light on anything and isn’t light on palate. Scorching and bitter and hoppy, grapefruit, pine and soap and malt and mmmm. Very awesome IPA.

Beeronaut (176) - Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2010
12oz Bottle. Pours clear honey golden with a bright white head which puffs up quickly and receeds to a decent relatively thick head. Aroma is probably the best so far from the Odell beers, at least from the ones I have tried so far. It is nice and creamy with good floral and mildly resinous hops with citrus character, lemon peel and s light onragey aroma. There is also lots of honey, caramel and toffee notes in the background. The flavour enters with a reasonably sarp attack with citrus, lemon juice attack, almost a mild tartness, then in to resin and pine, from resin to pine, incomes spice and honey with a touch of malt balnce, then to the finish which is an interesting blend of spice, sweet, sour and dry/bitter, length is medium with growing dryness. Body has very little carbonation especially for a US brew, much more ale like once again, much more English… Overall, this is another fair effort which comes across as strangely UK in flavour than I would expect from a US beer. It’s a beer I am far from dislike, but I certainly don’t love it either. Oddly enough, I keep finding Odell beers to be basically pretty good, but there just not jelling with me as a brewery. Perhaps it’s my preconception of what an American beer should taste like, perhaps it’s just how they compose there beer. I do find them a little lacking in complexity and richness. They simply surf a line between being powerfull and restrained. In my opinion they need to work out if they’re going to make interesting restrained styles of beer or bolder character beers…

bigred22 (85) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 15, 2010
I really liked Modus Hoperandi, and was recommended this beer. It is lacking somewhere I just can’t put my finger on it. It is something I may try again just to see if I got a bad one. Grapefruit and hops are a great combo, but they didn’t mix well in the one I had.

harrisoni (19341) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - AUG 14, 2010
Bottle from GBBF 2010. Clear amber thick white head. Yes, a pretty good hoppy aroma, some herbyness in the flavour in the mouth. Not overly bitter on the finish. Very resiny and slightly oily on the hops. Some orange fruit flavours develop. OK IPA, decent enough, without being overly exciting.

joe19612 (3074) - camberley, Surrey, ENGLAND - AUG 14, 2010
Draught at White Horse Parsons Green. Pours a real orange gold colour with a good head. Huge hop aroma, with plenty of citrus and pine. The taste is all citrus with plenty of malt, with a dry hoppy finish. A well made beer.