overall
RATINGS: 910   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Ready to buck convention? We took the traditional IPA, originally shipped from Englad to India in the 1700s, and made it bolder and more flavorful - American style. We've added new varieties of highly aromatic American hops to create a distinctive bitterness profile and an incredible hop character. Hop on, hold tight, and enjoy the ride!

JaffaHawk23 (76) - Broomfield(via Iowa City), Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2010
One of my 3-4 favorite IPA’s brewed locally here in CO. Lots of hops up front but not too overpowering. Very nice chewy mouthfeel that leaves the tongue sizzling. In my eyes this is Odell’s masterpiece.

Chrisco88 (9) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 30, 2010 does not count
Appearance: Pours a semi-clear, bright gold. Small white head fades rather quickly but a thin lace lingers. Aroma: Quite aggressive aroma. Pungently floral up front but I really liked the lemon, grapefruit, citrus-y flavors towards the end. Nothing but hops here. Taste: Quite refreshing! Bitter and hoppy from the get-go but finishes light, sweet, and citrus-y. Virtually no malt flavor. Palate: Very light-bodied, lively carbonation and a very clean mouthfeel. Overall: Another highly drinkable IPA, I think they’re finally starting to grow on me :) Great hop flavor without being annoyingly bitter. Great mouthfeel and aftertaste so I almost want to savor the flavor, but it’s so light and clean I can’t fight the desire to indulge.

hero12 (184) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 30, 2010
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2010 Draft pint, dark orange/brown color with a small white head. Bitter fruit armoa, hops. Taste like other ipas but with a distinct grapefruit taste and a short bitter finish. Medium bodied, medium carbonation, great beer, available everywhere I go.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 25, 2010
In the bottle at the 2008 Crescent Moon Summer Beer Fest. Pours bright milky gold with a thick white head. Outstanding cut grass hop green aroma. Thick and buttery mouth feel. This has the hop content of a double IPA. Thick lacing, great mouth feel. Chewy beer.

madmitch76 (25568) - , Essex, ENGLAND - JAN 16, 2010
10th October 2008. GABF. Clear gold beer. Crisp palate. Nice amount of hops and they aren’t too bitter.

ericyyz (18) - three bridges, New Jersey, USA - JAN 15, 2010
12 oz bottle, purchased at the brewery. holy crap, what an amazing ipa. huge, complex hop aroma, with grassy, resiny and citrus notes. similar, complex and punchy hop flavor, with a nice lasting bitterness left on the palate after swallowing. first class beer from a first class brewery.

Gr8fulTed (5) - Leawood, Kansas, USA - JAN 12, 2010 does not count
Currently my favorite IPA, I find it a distinctive taste better than 2-Hearted because of the citrusy flavor: Singlewide and Titan nearly as good, too. I enjoy Odell alternately with the infamous Pliny the Elder and Gordon, from Oskar Blues. This Odell IPA does not pack quite the wallop you get from DIPA’s such as Hercules or Decadent. I will have to visit Ft. Collins soon! This beer deserves recognition and a spot on the top 50 IPA list.

alagnak (468) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - JAN 6, 2010
Bottle. Nose is just wicked resiny, pungent grapefruit and mango hops. Sticky in the nose. I stuck my nose so far into the glass I got some up my nose and can still smell/taste that long after the beer is gone. Flavor is the resiny sticky hops of the nose with additional herbal notes of basil and mint that play really well. Just enough sweetness from the malt to balance. Finish is crisp. Carbonation is close to perfect. Crazy drinkable. Superb beer. Enters the ’always will have some in the fridge’ IPA rotation for me with PtE, Racer5 and Titan. Bonus points for it’s ubiquitous availability in these parts.

Sir+Drinksalot (34) - Iowa, USA - JAN 2, 2010
Unbelievable. Fruity, hoppy smell lasts even in an empty bottle. Taste is so...darn...good. Found this on accident when leaving for a trip to the Black Hills...forgot all my beer. I almost called 911. While passing through Rapid City, SD, I stopped at Safeway grocery. There it was, on the shelf, one 6pk left. I reached for it with hesitation, put it back , then returned. My life was never the same after that. Perfect beer..hands down.

tdoft (3) - Colorado, USA - DEC 25, 2009 does not count
pours with a thin head which fades quickly. aroma on the other hand is a wonderful mix of lemon, grapefruit hoppiness. flavor is hops squared-tangy grapefruit, apricot. clarity is good for such a hoppy brew. mouthfeel is nice but a tad fizzy. all in all this is one of my favorite ipas-very heavy on the citrus hops. i like to drink it after a more malty ipa-its seems to make the hop character of the odell ipa stand out that much more.