overall
RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
If you’ve ever been to our brewery, you’ve likely seen the old, beat-up truck that hauls away our spent grain. That truck belongs to Lugene, who’s been feeding his dairy cows the hearty malt for over a decade. Named in his honor, Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout is brewed with milk sugar and milk chocolate. The rich and creamy brew reminds us of a cold glass of chocolate milk and our hometown "Aggie" roots.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - APR 12, 2014
Reviewed from notes. From my AZ trip. The appearance was a pure dark brown closer to black color. One finger off white foamy head tries to cling but slides for the most part. The smell was a super nice arrangement of bitter coffee to smooth milk chocolate. The taste was mainly sweet milk chocolate enticing the taste buds to indulge in more of this luscious brew. Light chocolate to coffee aftertaste leading to a nice somewhat dry finish. On the palate, it sat about a medium on the body, not that sessionable but I wasn’t expecting it to be considering the style. Carbonated exactly how a milk sweet Stout should be. It has one the smoothest and creaminest mouthfuls one could ever ask for from a milk sweet stout. Overall, this would be my wow beer of my Arizona trip and am fantastically amazed and settled in knowing that I would have this again in a heartbeat

SPDickerman (1239) - Texas, USA - APR 11, 2014
Pours pitch black with a small tan head. Smells strongly of milk chocolate. Taste is strongly sweet, milk chocolate, and hints of dark chocolate. Full-bodied with a smooth texture and soft mouth-carbonation, ODell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout finishes with a lingering semi sweetness.

tdubesq (14) - - APR 8, 2014
Dark chocolate pour. Very little head. Chocolate notes. And really taste the chocolate milk. Glad to have Odell's in Texas finally.

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - APR 7, 2014
Very dark brown to black pour with a small tan head. The aroma has quite a bit of chocolate as well as some roasted malt and cream notes. The flavor is more of the same with a few additions. I get some heavy, sweet chocolate milk notes. There is also a good bit of coffee thrown in to the flavor. I get some creamy, lactose notes as well as some roasted malt. Medium to thick mouthfeel and medium carbonation. Nice beer, glad I got to try it and glad to have Odell here in Texas.

DearBeer2013 (94) - - APR 5, 2014
UPDATED: APR 6, 2014 Not bad. A little bourbany. Little bubbly. Its drinkable. Chocolaty, dark chocolate that is. I was getting over a flu, so..........?

degbert (1774) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 1, 2014
Bottle. Pours a dark opaque brown-black with a high chocolate-brown head that disappeared faster than a politician’s ethics. Nose is baking chocolate, coffee, raisins -- and lettuce. (Lettuce?) Much sweeter than it smells; rich chocolate, really tasty. Round and creamy on the palate; the milk is center stage. Very good.

Experiment_Ale (1098) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 29, 2014
At Hops & Pie with Stephen and Dave. Pours black big creamy head. Aroma is lactic, milky, marshmallow, water. Taste is toffee, creamy milky chocolate malt.

Tejas (1006) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Draught > Common Table. Great beer. The best sweet stout I’ve ever had, easily. Just the right amount of chocolate and the right amount of lactose. Our average local breweries(Lakewood and 903) can learn a big lesson from this one. Sneaky big at 8.5%! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

HuskerTan (2211) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Draft. A- Coffee, cocoa, chocolate, malty. A- Black color, dark liquid, minimal head. T- Coffee, subtle chocolate, cocoa nibs, molasses, malty, slight bitterness. P- Full body, thin texture, average carbonation, dry finish. O- I had this at Old Chicago where they are nitorious at my location for not having proper serving. I had this ice cold in a frosted glass. Undoubtedly that made a different and not in a good way. Regardless, I noticed a lot more coffee than chocolate in this. The chocolate that was there was more of a bitter chocolate. A little thing as well. Not bad, but expected a lot more from it.

kidmartinek (5001) - austin, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2014
Black. Not much head. Chocolately beer aroma. Milk beer.taste with chocloate. These choclate.milk stouts are just wearing thin as a beer idea.