overall
RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75/5   EST. CALORIES: 12   ABV: 0.4%
A-B’s Premium NA beer, made with caramel malts.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Jfishback13 (273) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Well at least they tried to suit another style... it’s NA beer, how high did you think I’d rate it. Maybe if my liver goes, and some of the better NA’s are gone, I’ll try this again...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
NeonLX (261) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 17, 2002
Well, son-of-a-gun...this stuff looks like beer, smells like beer and hold onto your hats, TASTES like beer! Well, it tastes like a light beer anyway. This is the first A-B product I’ve bought in decades. I’m still in the midst of a study where I can’t ingest any alcohol so I’ve been trying the various NAs that are available. I chose O’Douls Amber mainly for the price and because it was easy to reach in the cooler at the store. I haven’t looked at other people’s ratings yet so hopefully I won’t be repeating stuff that others have said. Anyhoo, this (near)beer pours a nice-looking coppery color and comes up with a decent head that lasts for about 30 seconds but then subsides to a thin, fizzy film. Whee, lookit all those bubbles heading up to the top of the glass! The aroma is fairly neutral though it smells ’beerier’ than some other NAs. Taste? Well, nothing in particular stands out but there’s not any unpleasantness either. It tastes for all the world like a regular light beer. Quite effervescent & actually somewhat refreshing. Surprisingly not bad for what it is...ADDENDUM after reading other ratings: Funny thing, I was going to say that I thought O’Douls may be the best brew available from A-B, but figured most readers would think I’m nuts. But I see others have said the same thing!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
flutetokill (523) - Fresno, California, USA - NOV 14, 2002
Not bad. Slightly sweet malty aroma, watery malty taste. About what I expect from a good non-alcoholic.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Malty aroma. A pretty good NA. The flavor was not full, but still better than most NA’s.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
faulstich (25) - Davis, California, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Best non-alcoholic beer I’ve had. Sure beats the rest of Anheuser-Busch’s lineup, alcohol or otherwise! For the record, I’m boosting the score because it fared well even without alcohol.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Smells better than the O’Doul’s Premium, but tastes just as watery. These beers could stand to learn a lot from their German non-alcoholic counterparts.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - OCT 19, 2002
I sure hope my liver enzymes return to normal soon. I dyin’ over here.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 22, 2002
For a NA beer, it is great. For beer in general it is very bad. Hopefully I will never drink one again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - AUG 31, 2002
Clear, golden amber, extra carbonation. Grainy, biscuity aroma. Pretty mild flavored, sweet, a little toasted grain towards the finish. Clean aftertaste. Doesn’t really deliver what it promises but interesting for an N/A.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
hopscotch (10707) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 18, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2003 This is by far the best product A-B has to offer. It's actually brewed using malted barley instead of like 95% rice. Also, it doesn't give me a headache later. All other A-B products do. Busch gives me a headache just thinking about it. I drink O'Douls Amber when I don't want alcohol, but want something that resembles beer. It's a great pre-workout energy (Carb) drink too. Have you tasted those energy shakes at GNC? Goat Gack!!!