RATINGS: 238   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
SILVER METAL 2000 Great American Beer Festival! Big, bold hop flavors define this wonderful India Pale Ale. This is a stronger, hoppier version of a regular pale ale. Loads of Columbus, Cascade, Willamette and Centennial hops are used in this beer that would please any hop-head!

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - FEB 19, 2013
I taste some coconut in there. Nice aNd hoppy. I have the feeling if I drink a lot of this it would give me a headache. Fortunately this is just a sample.

mgmike4 (30) - valencia, California, USA - AUG 15, 2006
on tap: way too dry and very bitter...the combination of the two brought a strong bite, making it unenjoyable for me. it also made it hard to determine flavor. i don’t know...i expected more, however will give it another tasting.

jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 1, 2008
(Sampler @ Oggi’s Peoria, AZ): Pours a light golden color, clear. Small white head. Somewhat hoppy aroma, but almost nothing. Real hoppy piney taste, sour. Too much. Better, less harsh as it warms up.

Sparky (2244) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - FEB 13, 2008
Bomber. Pours a light amber color with no head or lacing. Nose is light hops and malt. Taste is very dry with a bit of citrus hops and a lingering bitter aftertaste. I’ve had it on tap at Oggi’s Scottsdale and don’t remember it tasting like this. Maybe I have an old bottle, but it’s not one of the better IPAs I’ve had lately. I’ll stick to their Hop Juice.

JoeMcPhee (9517) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 30, 2008
22 oz bottle. Very pale straw coloured beer with a thin white head. Aroma is lightly spicy and piny. A kiss of citrus (lemon) and a bit of pine. Very hoppy/bitter aroma. Very lean and dry and very, very bitter. It doesn’t have a whole lot of complexity and there is a lot of booziness. Very hot and peppery and a can’t really say that I enjoy it at all.

Beaver (1830) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 4, 2010
22 oz bottle. Pours a hazy golden orange with a smallish white head that quickly diminishes to a thin film that leaves some lacing.

The aroma is very subdued - a little fruit and some skunk and cola and some dank hops.

The flavor is metallic malts and cola with a little fruit and has a lot of resiny bitterness in the finish. The mouthfeel is medium to light bodied and kind of watery.

Overall, it has good hop bitterness but lots of weird off notes (skunk, cola, metal). This is the first time I’ve seen Left Coast for sale here. I wonder if I got a bad bottle. It’s not awful...I finished it. Just not really good.

BarrettMiller (12) - Fountain Valley, California, USA - SEP 23, 2011
On tap in orange. Sour acidic taste with an after taste just. As bad. Not a good version of an IPA.

drewbeerme (3920) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 16, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2010 22oz, from SDbruboy. there’s no bottling date but this is clearly an old ipa. i will rate this in hopes breweries will date their bottles. pours a faded cloudy blond-copper with white head. nose is metallic and grassy. flavor is sorta sour, grainy, and vinegar. awful. i’m guessing this is at least a year old. not drinkable. i’m sure this was once good. 1.8 22oz pours gold white head. Nose is bready, doughy, mint. Fl sweet caramel, mint, citrus orange, bread dough. Not very fresh.

Oscbert (1319) - Lincoln, California, USA - JUN 17, 2008
~Pours a light honey color. ~Distinct sweet hop scent, almost a chemical smell. ~Taste is very hoppy and citrusy. Too much.. ~Astringent and dry feel. ~Its too sour and bitter for me. A stomache turner. I’m wondering if I got a bad one. Normally I like high hop beers. This one was just weird.

1.2
Thorpe429 (5035) - , Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2010
A: way too light to be an ipa. Looks like a lager. S: almost nothing. Less hop presence than the pale ale. Terrible. T: grassy or wheaty and way too bitter. Not hop bitter--bitter face tape bitter. Gross. M: exceedingly dry with minimal carbonation. D: I would not have another.