overall

RATINGS: 688   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
Another, after Okocim Wheat, koneserski variant in the family Okocim, which promises exceptional taste and aesthetic experiences. By combining several types of malt, including Munich, caramel and roasted, and two month aging period okocimski Porter reached a unique dark color and a deep, noble taste, seasoned with hints of cedar.

Bill Becker (1775) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Feb 2006 Poured from bottle(room temp) a pitch black with a smallish head of brown foam that dissipates slowly leaving a couple of "islands" in the middle of the glass. The smell is of roasty sweet malt with some notes of chocolate. The taste is sweet roasted malt and chocolate with some of the alcohol poking its head(no pun intended) through providing a nice warming sensation. Bottom line: It's not as big and bold as the samples I had before the temporary halt of exportation but...it's still a great drop. I think I'll save the other 2 bottles for later this year and see how things change. Edit: May 29, 2006: I had to give 1 of my 2 remaining bottles a try and I have to say the flavour has evolved enough to make a difference. I note a more sweetish malt with anise tones and the body is bordering on syrupy...aging is doing fine so I'll keep my last bottle for say, the end of the year.