Formerly brewed at Rogue Ales
Style: Stout
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   ABV: -
Old Testy Stout is brewed by Rogue for Summits Wayside Tavern in the Atlanta, GA area. Currently it is only available on tap at the restaurant's three locations in the Atlanta Metro Area.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kp (10883) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 30, 2007
Name: Old Testie
Date: 05/07/1998
Mode: Draft
Source: Taco Mac, Sandy Springs

black, tan head, roasted malt aroma, roasted malt flavor with a good dose of coffee, slight malt bitter finish

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 5/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.6/5.0
Score: *4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
sukman69 (14) - CANADA - JAN 13, 2006
Old Testies tastes just like it sounds...horrible. I mean, naming the beer after the male genitalia just adds insult to injury. This was a nice mild choco-flower brew that tasted like I threw up in my mug. I like my Testies where I can handle them...IN MY PANTS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 29, 2002
Well, it’s about as right on for a Dry Stout as you can get. A bit thin, as it should be I think, nitroed, so creamy longlasting head, very dark, medium coffee and choc. tones. Good. I’m just not a dry stout fan, but I sure had a good time drinking this with the Summit’s gang.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 28, 2002
Draft- A great dry stout. Smooth and flavorful with a hint of toasted malt and chocolate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
aracauna (3550) - Georgia, USA - MAR 21, 2002
Not a bad stout. I even got to judge it objectively since at the time I didn’t realize it was brewed by Rogue. Definite coffee and dark chocolate tones although the beer is a little thin for a stout. Definitely worth the try, especially since you get to keep the pint.