RATINGS: 685   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Olde English 800 is one of America’s leading malt liquor brands. Commonly referred to as "OE800," it offers a smooth, rich taste with a slightly fruity aroma that is a favorite among malt liquor drinkers. Introduced in 1964, Olde English 800 was one of America’s original malt liquor brands. Olde English 800 enjoys a diverse consumer base that is linked together by an urban mind-set.

ChrisBeest's rating

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ChrisBeest (43) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Malt beverages of any kind aren't my thing, I may be young, but no one deserves this. Spend a few more bucks and get something a little better, like Bud.

ads135 (5207) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 13, 2018
Put this beer in Winchell’s fridge on the first weekend of grad school. It took four years for Vaughn to finish. His reward for finishing first. An even “older” English. We all sampled. Can’t imagine it improved much.

1.1
Bill Becker (2003) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 30, 2017
From Jul 2008 This poured a clear bright yellow with a quickly disappearing head of foam. Cornish notes dominate the nose and overall it has that sweet smell that is typical for the style. The corn is in the taste and there's some bitterness there but when I finish a sip, I'm left with a rather nasty taste in my mouth. The body is as thin as one can get and I find it really hard to continue with the session, even without taking the abv in the equation. I'm just glad I'm drinking this *cold*. Not worth a retry....ever!!

big_biscuit (1) - - NOV 26, 2017 does not count
This fine beverage made me able to see through people’s clothes, gave me superb strength, let me see into the future and my penis grew 6 inches.

0.9
rdixon77 (3106) - Georgia, USA - NOV 14, 2017
It's been a long while. Checking on things I haven't rated. This beer was both a bad decision to drink and a drink for which to make bad decisions, malty frightening corn.

lemonkush (1) - - OCT 23, 2017 does not count
Needless to say, it's not for your picky rich kids, great taste for its price, golden in color and best in glass bottle.

jinroh (2455) - ESTONIA - AUG 6, 2017
Can shared at Chriso’s and Ruth pre GBBF shindig, August 5, 2017. Light yellow pour, strong cardboard nose, corn. taste is sweetish, corny and boozy. Not completely undrinkable although close to that.

mR_fr0g (14024) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 30, 2017
Bottle shared at Cotteridge convention 05/03/2016. Many thanks to MacBoost and team. A pale yellow liquid with a fine white head. Aromais worty, sugar liquid, papery, spicy pepper. Flavour is composed of semi sweet, thin malts, powdery, grainy, gababe. Palate is thin, dry, chalky, papery. Meh, bad.

KevinReddirt (237) - Midland, Texas, USA - APR 27, 2017
This one is for the brothers who couldn’t be here with us. If you going to do a 40 you might as well do it right and this is it. Comes in a clear plastic bottle ( I liked the glass better), I unscrew the top, stick it in a brown bag and drink it that way. Color? Yellow. Head? You’ve got to be kidding. And I don’t smell it, I drink it. The taste has always been decent. Corn, doughy sort of and an interesting sweetish finish. Sometimes it isn’t the destination, it is the journey.

1.4
smaynard6000 (1267) - Apopka, Florida, USA - MAR 30, 2017
32oz bottle. Pours an amber color with fizzy tan head. Super grainy and sweet aroma. Sickly sweet flavor. Light to medium bodied with a super sweet finish and flavor throughout. It’s like pretty much every malt liquor.

0.6
Msdrbeat (785) - East Lansing, USA - MAR 26, 2017
Canned. Pretty gross. Didn’t even bother to pour it. Lots of malt not much next.