RATINGS: 212   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

0.9
Kaya161 (1142) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 29, 2003
A cracked out tripel. I've had worse malt liqours, but also better ones.

1.4
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JAN 29, 2003
A Belgian Prostitute from Missouri. Just to pass the 75 charecter limit i'll call it painfully sharp.

1.3
DougShoemaker (3146) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2003
Corn and alcohol aroma, straw colour with a large head, has nice lace. Harsh alcohol taste and feel. A really tough beer to drink.

1.4
Crit (4105) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 11, 2003
..................................................

0.9
BückDich (5477) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JAN 9, 2003
Ewww!! Tasted like a rotten penny that had made it's way through and out a skunk.

1.1
xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 8, 2003
As we are all familiar with the rich tradition of the Olde English brand, I will dispense with any historical details and proceed directly to a commentary. OE HG800 is a brand extension introduced in 2001. It replaced the Olde English Ice beverage, and repositioned it in the "HG" category. "HG" is an abbreviation, of course, for High Gravity, a brewing industry term associated with high quality. As the first traces of the beverage's bouquet drift from the bottle, one may be tempted to believe that description. And, indeed, the first drops of this malt liquor supported this taster's inclination that this would be a superior malt liquor product. The initial, and freshest tastes and scents of the beverage are quite similar to an average beer: a full body, a trace of hops, and a confidant character that is pleasing to the palate. One is reminded of the beverages one could be drinking, such as a Victory Brewery Hop Devil, or a Middle Ages Triple Crown. Once the level of malt liquor in the bottle has reached the top of the label, however, one is reminded exactly of what one is drinking: 16 proof Olde English. Nothing more, nothing less.

THEWINOKING99 (3) - Macomb, Michigan, USA - DEC 18, 2002 does not count
If I can't get a Camo or a steel reserve, this is my next choice. The taste is actually pretty good. It goes down ok, but it gets you going good !!! This is another beer great for budget nights.

DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Gives a decent buzz, but steel and camo are better high gravities. I dont think ill be buying this again.

1.3
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Sweet and adjuncty. Can't really taste the alcohol, though. Not very good, even for a malt liquor.

0.6
anoo (6) - New York, USA - OCT 14, 2002 does not count
I committed to not putting any more beer on my credit card for awhile and I am going to stand by that decision... so I bought 2 40's of this stuff. I just cracked the first one, the smellwas a pungent...well...I dont know what... what is even in this? do they use hops for this kinda beer? whatever... the first swig is aking my eyes water. sweet baby jesus forgive me for what I am about to do to myself tonight.