RATINGS: 212   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

1.4
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 16, 2010
Pours a medium golden yellow, nose is cream corn mixed with vodka, taste is moderately grainy, butter toffee, booze, the booze just really isnt hidden well at all. I see why hobos drink this stuff.

saxo (19522) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - AUG 6, 2010
Can. Medium head with medium duration. Color is golden. Aroma and taste are malt, caramel, hops and alcohol.

HenrikSoegaard (14582) - Randers, DENMARK - AUG 5, 2010
Can at American-can tasting Sdr. Borup. Creamy white good mostly lasting head. Yellow colour. Light malty and hoppy aroma. Light bitter flavor. Short light bitter finish. Watery palate.

1.1
chrisv10 (18495) - DENMARK - AUG 5, 2010
Can. Clear golden with medium white head. Flavour is malt, sweet and alcohol.

Khartnavi (23) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 28, 2010
I’m definitely going to rate this higher than others because I love malt liquor. The one I’m rating was a 40 I bought from the Huron Church location in Windsor. I’ve probably drank 200-300 of these in my life - anytime I’m drinking a 40 in Canada pretty much. The only thing I can complain about is the aroma - which is offensive. That’s probably why I’ve never developed a habit of wafting my beer and I’m doing it on purpose now for my ratings here. Anyway, this stuff is delicious cold and you better drink it before it gets warm or you’re in trouble - that’s the problem most soft people have. Also, this is the OE available in Ontario because the OE in Ontario is 7.9% and not 6.1 or whatever the other beer on here is - that must be the American version.

DietPepsican (1589) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - JUL 20, 2010
This one was a beast. I didn’t pour it into a glass, straight from the 40. Aroma of cereal and alcohol. Flavor was pretty much booze and corn with some light grainy notes. Finishes pretty "hot, maybe some age will tame this one a bit."

Beerona97 (2399) - Washington, USA - JUL 17, 2010
Clear dark gold, foamy white head fades. Aroma of fruit and eggs. Taste is pretty bad. Watery, good really cold.

CanIHave4Beers (4224) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUN 16, 2010
Pours a nice golden color with a semi loose big white head that leaves some lace. The aroma is vegetal and corny with whiffs of alcohol, but maybe not as much alcohol as one might expect. It’s got a mild cereal plant on fire thing happening per MilkmanDan. Oh my this is a lot of sweet breakfast cereal with a bit of corniness and some defined alcohol. There is some almost banana and artificial fruitiness. While the alcohol is clearly detectable I wouldn’t have guessed this beer at an 8%, so it’s fairly concealed.

1.3
VertBaconStrips (2402) - Blerkablerka, VENEZUELA - MAY 25, 2010
Review #1000.......

STEP ONE: Smash the middle of the bottle with a ball peen hammer and then emptied both ends directly into a paper bag like an egg.
STEP TWO: Enjoy.
STEP THREE: Repeat.
STEP FOUR: Get into knife fight

I’ve had worse swill so there is some comfort to be found inside the bottle. Since this is a special review I went with the classy glass bottle. Indeed there was a swill tasting happening and OE came in second. Yes, we found 3 worse ones. Pee yellow and lots o’ bright white foam. The rank aroma wasn’t as bad as I assumed it would be even after leaving this on the counter for half an hour. Savoury clouds of corn, crap-o malts, unearthy fruity sweetness and the souls of the toothless. I did not hesitate to take a big gulp as I did with the other swill and I wasn’t disappointed! It is crap! Whew. Choke backable at gun point or at threat of a maniacal street priests’ diabolical rants. Corn, sweet something and a fist full of almost awfulness sum this up. Damn, I gotta say that I could down a full bottle of this if that is where I was in life. Thick with carbonation that is only similar to guzzling small rocks. The headache from drinking 5L of insane swill between 3 people in an hour was epic beyond belief. High quality low quality.

ronaldtheriot (1993) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - MAY 2, 2010
Luckily, this sample, poured from a 40 oz. clear glass bottle was neither skunked or spoiled. Olde English High Gravity 800 has a very thick, white head, a deep, golden appearance, and a rather high carbonation level. Aroma is pungent, corny, and even bready. The taste is rich, spicy, and fruity, but not overly sweet or alcoholic. Mouth-feel is crisp and medium. OE HG 800 is smooth and refreshing; one of the better malt liquors on the market. Unfortunately, it has a limited distribution (not available in Louisiana). I liked it and would recommend it. RJT