RATINGS: 228   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
travismills (37) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 7, 2004
In a 40, it is great for a night. Maybe not full of taste, but great for the cheap price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Khartnavi (22) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 28, 2010
Im definitely going to rate this higher than others because I love malt liquor. The one Im rating was a 40 I bought from the Huron Church location in Windsor. Ive probably drank 200-300 of these in my life - anytime Im drinking a 40 in Canada pretty much. The only thing I can complain about is the aroma - which is offensive. Thats probably why Ive never developed a habit of wafting my beer and Im doing it on purpose now for my ratings here. Anyway, this stuff is delicious cold and you better drink it before it gets warm or youre in trouble - thats the problem most soft people have. Also, this is the OE available in Ontario because the OE in Ontario is 7.9% and not 6.1 or whatever the other beer on here is - that must be the American version.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jay-D99 (3) - nepean, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 1, 2001 does not count

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lweiberg (139) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 26, 2007
So metallic it could be Metallica, but were talking the asskicking, early-80s Metallica, so swill the swill already. :)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Faci81 (2) - CANADA - MAY 2, 2008 does not count
I have been drinking Olde English 800 since I was young, I love this beer in the 40oz bottles, there is nothing better than letting one of these sit in the frezzer for a half hour then listening to the frist crack of the cap, this stuff goes down smooth when really cold and packs a punch for a cheap price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
bellyObeer (13) - CANADA - MAY 24, 2006
What can I say about the Ghetto Juice. I think its damn good because of the price, but as far a good tasting beer, meh. Its done me good over the years.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
brokensail (16328) - Dublin, California, USA - OCT 10, 2010
A: Since its a clear 40, theres really no pour required to see the appearance. A rather dark color for malt liquor, golden with a rocky white head. S: The smell is sweet and rather unoffensive. Actually some notes of bananas along with the usual tooth-rotting sweetness. Apple juice, corn syrup, corn, and even a little bit of a sweet bread aroma. T: A rather pleasant flavor, too. Sweet banana bread, apple juice, and corn syrup. A bit of a malty character to this beer which is sort of a welcome surprise. M: The body is quite full for a malt liquor. The carbonation might be lacking a little bit, unfortunately, though. D: I had my fill of this and shared it with friends (it was a buddys birthday and it was a "40s" party). All agreed this was a pretty damn good malt liquor.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jfishback13 (273) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - AUG 24, 2002
Say it aint so. How could you phase out OE? This stuff isnt bad and puts the whoop on, but the bottle loses its charm and the flavor is a downgrade at the cost of more alcohol.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 5, 2004
I got this at a little deli with take-out beer in Allentown. Served the traditional way, with the 40-oz bottle sheathed in a brown paper bag. Since this sort of thing is most often consumed this way, I see little point in doing otherwise. Golden-yellow, a white head forms when I open the cap but it diminishes. Aroma oddly similar to Spam or canned corned beef. Medium to light-bodied. Fairly sweet, with notes of malt, Tostitos, and a little alcohol. Vague hop presence. Slightly fruity; did they use top-fermenting yeast? Theres actually an unnervingly Belgianesque quality to this, kind of like if one of the less scrupulous macros tried to imitate Duvel or Delirium Tremens. I kind of like this; I do have a soft spot in my heart for malt liquor for some reason (memories of sitting around with my friends in the back room of a beer store in Florida) and this is one of the better malt liquors Ive tried.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dubc87 (2) - bellevue, Iowa, USA - FEB 26, 2007 does not count
Sugary get you bent like a mawf*cka quick! Personally, I can stand the skunky cheap taste, but not everyone can handle this high-octane, low on taste brew.