RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
A traditional rich dark beer served in the Spring or consumed as a late winter warmer. The hearty flavor comes from the large quantities of grain that are used in this delicious brew.

Most RecentTicked By

bockimstein's rating

1.1
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bockimstein (167) - New Madrid, Missouri, USA - AUG 6, 2011
Someone gave me this because my name is Bock. I am certain it is at least 8 or 9 years old. I open it and pour. No head, bad sign. It smells like a bock, so I taste it and if it had any carbonation I would try to drink it, but I don’t feel that brave, drain pour.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 30, 2017
From old tasting notes. Deep reddish brown color. Fluffy beige head. Rich, tawny roasted malt nose. Bittersweet caramel malt flavor upfront. Tangy hoppy flavor hints at citrus.

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 3, 2002
Amber in color, nice head is about it, very weak bock.

JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Nothing too outrageous about this bock. It had a deep reddish hue and a grassy aroma. The taste was grassy also. It left a taste in my mouth like fresh cut grass, although I doubt I’ve ever eaten any! Not sure what they were going for in this one!