RATINGS: 321   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
For nearly 110 years, the secret of this Great Northwest beer hasnt been a secret at all: Its the Water. This and a whole lot more. Since 1896, our famous brewing water, superior ingredients and unsurpassed skill as brewers have combined to make Oly an affordable beer with a particularly satisfying taste.

95% malt.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
adamcbowman (57) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - APR 15, 2003
Boy, was I surprised to see this ol' beauty. I noticed it for some reason in a carry-out cooler, and knew I had to pick it up. I've never seen it for sale forever. The taste reminds me of a beer long ago, tastes ok, not the best, but the kind of beer you put in a styrofoam cooler and head out to the fishing hole. Cheap and decent, and sometimes that's the best beer of all.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - MAR 30, 2003
They still make this shit? It tasted horrible 20 years ago! It was the water alright, after your body had processed it!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2003
Drinkable but not much else. I drank it on the dare of someone else. If it was the only thing available I'd probably drink it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 29, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2006 When I was in college I would drink this beer every now-and-then. It was ok. I was poor and quality was not my priority. It did the job and gave me a wicked headache. Recently I went on a road trip with a friend to Syracuse, NY. Since I was sitting in the passenger seat and it was a friday night I figured Id need some beer for the ride. I saw Olympia and bought a 12 pack for nostalgic reasons. It was the first time I have seen it since I college. Well, it sucks and gave me a shitty buzz. It also gave me gas that I think cleared out two isles in Wegmans.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 25, 2003
As cAPSLOCK and the bottle say, It is...the water. Not bad for the price, although the shape of the bottle makes me think I should be drinking apple juice or something

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2003
I remember my dad drinking this when I was a kid, and I think they must have changed recipes, because I taste it now and it is godawful.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 15, 2003
It's the water.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ByTheGlass (41) - USA - JAN 14, 2003
Not the absolute worst, but lousy. I remember an old neighbor of mine used to drink this stuff when I was a kid and acted like it was a premium brew. (Who knows, maybe before Pabst-zilla swallowed it, it may have been) At any rate, I wanted to like it but didnt. Just another old-man lawnmower "Ill take one if thats all there is" kind of brew. Tastes cheap and doesnt make you crave another one. A typical piss-beer

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 9, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2003 Water but not bad water

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JAN 7, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2003 The commercials were right. It"s the water.