RATINGS: 319   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
For nearly 110 years, the secret of this Great Northwest beer hasn’t been a secret at all: “It’s the Water.” This and a whole lot more. Since 1896, our famous brewing water, superior ingredients and unsurpassed skill as brewers have combined to make “Oly” an affordable beer with a particularly satisfying taste.

95% malt.

BierGunner (18) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - JUN 3, 2003
Drank this when I was in the Air Force 30 years ago. A very mild, somewhat sweet brew with a mild hoppy flavor. Not bad since we were paying about $1.00 a six for the stuff at the base exchange.

0.7
Ernest (7695) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUN 2, 2003
Can. Head is initially small, frothy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is moderately malty (grain), with a light note of apple. Flavor is lightly sweet. Finish is lightly bitter, husky. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. A true pinnacle of American craftsmanship.

topper71 (19) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Hey - for 4.95 you can pick up a 12 and hit the road to AC from the Larchwood house with 10 bucks in your pocket to gamble with and a splif behind your ear and have a blast. OLYMPIA RULES when you need it to.

1.1
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 4, 2003
Another bad beer from Pabst. When will they learn not to make cheap beer even cheaper by adding more water? If this stuff is 4.8%ABV, I'll kiss a gorilla's ass. More like 3.2%, if I ever saw one. This beer used to be ok, before Pabst bought out everything in sight. No aromas, other than corn left rotting in the field. No hops aroma to speak of either. Tasted metallic as all get out, too. Bitter, strange aftertaste to it as well. I'd stay away from this beer, if I were you. It is one lousy beer in my book.

FedForester (14) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - MAY 3, 2003
This is a surprisingly good beer. I remember it from my days of drinking and driving in Montana in the 60s and 70s when it was a very light beer we called "Oly-Pop". It was reformulated between now and then to give it a sort of European color and flavor and I like the change. A much better beer than the price would indicate.

adamcbowman (57) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - APR 15, 2003
Boy, was I surprised to see this ol' beauty. I noticed it for some reason in a carry-out cooler, and knew I had to pick it up. I've never seen it for sale forever. The taste reminds me of a beer long ago, tastes ok, not the best, but the kind of beer you put in a styrofoam cooler and head out to the fishing hole. Cheap and decent, and sometimes that's the best beer of all.

gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - MAR 30, 2003
They still make this shit? It tasted horrible 20 years ago! It was the water alright, after your body had processed it!

pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2003
Drinkable but not much else. I drank it on the dare of someone else. If it was the only thing available I'd probably drink it again.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 29, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2006 When I was in college I would drink this beer every now-and-then. It was ok. I was poor and quality was not my priority. It did the job and gave me a wicked headache. Recently I went on a road trip with a friend to Syracuse, NY. Since I was sitting in the passenger seat and it was a friday night I figured I’d need some beer for the ride. I saw Olympia and bought a 12 pack for nostalgic reasons. It was the first time I have seen it since I college. Well, it sucks and gave me a shitty buzz. It also gave me gas that I think cleared out two isles in Wegman’s.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 25, 2003
As cAPSLOCK and the bottle say, It is...the water. Not bad for the price, although the shape of the bottle makes me think I should be drinking apple juice or something