overall
RATINGS: 2272   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
This style is a farmhouse ale, and is considered to be in the domain of the Belgian Saisons. Hennepin is a delicious brew for all seasons, it is spicy and refreshing. A moderately hoppy, farmhouse-style ale with a champagne-like effervescence, Hennepin has a crisp start followed by malt sweetness balanced with a firm bitterness. Hennepin has a bounty of great flavors: ginger, spice, orange and toasted grain. Pouring a bright golden color with a spicy-sweet balance of orange peel, sweet malt, hops and ginger, Hennepin makes way for a dry finish with a slight bite of ginger.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 14, 2001
One of the finer beers I have tried. Very drinkable with nice flavor........

NYDennis (64) - Port Jefferson Station, New York, USA - DEC 23, 2001
A friend, My Dad and I bought about 20 beers one night and had a taste test going on. Hennepin was the first one we tried and we have enjoyed it since. Great head that seems to stay until the last drop. Was in NYC and saw they had Hennepin in 12OZ bottles. Couldn’t resist.

calinative68 (4) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - APR 20, 2006 does not count
Really great beer! First time I had this, I was blown away. I kick myself in the ass as I was in Cooperstown, NY in August, 05, and hadn’t heard of Ommegang! ARRGGHH!!

DeadGuyFrank (347) - http://westchesterbeer.com, USA - AUG 14, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 16, 2007 Hennepin pours a hazy, golden color with a nice cloud-like white head. Nice amounts of hops and lively carbonation while being lightly sweet (citrus flavor) and bitter; refreshing and slightly spicy; One of my favorites, very tasty and a good paring with Thanksgiving - try it.

TimMoorstein (3) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - APR 6, 2008 does not count
My opinion the best Belgian Ale made in the United States. The appearance is a good copper color, the flavor is incredible which will turn your palate upside down, overall fantastic, you won’t mind paying the $12 a bottle or up to $28 at some restaurants.

dgm6689 (1) - New York, USA - JUN 12, 2010 does not count
Aroma: slight citrus, and floral notes. Appearance: light golden, sparkling appearance with a slight head that is always present Taste: Hoppy, lightly bitter. Palate: light body, thin texture, lively carbonation, slightly bitter finish overall: one of the best beers I have ever drank

Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - MAY 17, 2013
Served in a Tulip Glass Appearance - pale straw like color. Hazy, with plenty of carbonation, and about a finger of moderately diminishing head Aroma- floral citrusy hops. Belgian candied yeast. Banana and spice Taste- fruits like banana,pears, and apples. Candied sugar and clove spice. Mouthfeel - light to medium bodied. Plenty of carbonation slight dry finish. Crisp! Overall- great example of the style that I would definitely recommend. Very refreshing ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Gamin (146) - Brockport, New York, USA - JAN 3, 2014
Amazing fruitiness and herbiness in the aroma. Slightly cloudy, golden appearance with a pillowy head. Nicely high level of carbonation on the tongue. Tastes wonderful! Has a moderate funkiness to go with the fruity and herbal notes. One of my absolute favorite beers.

ale_smith (2) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JAN 5, 2014 does not count
One of my new favorites. Don’t usually go for fruity beers, but this one blends it all perfectly. Golden in color, pretty complex farmhouse beer that has a slight citrus flavor and is very crisp. I can’t say enough, time to drink!

jmart6969 (6) - - JUN 3, 2014 does not count
Nuts, bread, roasty, citrus, resin, dough, dough, herbs, roasty, citrus, citrus, toast