overall
RATINGS: 1132   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Witte is our version of the classic Belgian wit or "white" ale. Witte, which is actually Flemish for white, is brewed with malted and unmalted wheat, orange peel, and coriander - offering a refreshing style that showcases the Belgian talent for brewing full-flavored ales that are also light and balanced. It is pale straw in color, slightly hazy from the yeast, and topped with a huge white, fluffy head.

westknife (95) - USA - APR 23, 2017
What do you call this? White ale, huh? Sounds pretty racist to me. Pekkcom.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BlindGuardianco (88) - - MAR 5, 2015
Beautiful golden color and white head , more clear than most wheat beers. It has a distinctive wheathy flavour but not too flower like , I love the balance and I would have more than one of these any day

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dlaureano89 (1) - - OCT 19, 2012 does not count
My favorite beer. Its perfect for summer and relaxing. A great balance of citrus.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - JUN 27, 2004
Great, sweet head. Great, sweet-tasting beer. Became, perhaps, my favorite witbier on initial tasting. Tastes salty, lemony, citrus-tinged. Smooth. Not too carbonated. An excellent, refreshing summer drink. Near perfect!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SSKD814 (854) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2010
A- Body is an extremely hazy and pale straw yellow color. Body color a wit should have. Pours with a large fluffy white head that quickly fades to a nice collar. No lacing is left behind in the glass. Cloudiness is uniform throughout the body. S- Nice strong smell of citrus and coriander. Sweet, bready, Belgian yeast in the background. T- Big taste for such a light beer. Lots of citrus zest upfront with accents of coriander and some yeast in the background. Citrus fades somewhat for the finish which is all corriander,yeast, and a nice kick of hop bitterness and taste. A doughy sweetness lingers on the palate long after each sip. Great-yet classic example of a witbier taste. P- Medium carbonation and light body. The yeast used makes the mouthfeel very smooth and creamy. Has the excellent mouthfeel of a good hefe. O- This is a great witbier. Classic taste of a witbier with the mouthfeel of a good hefe. This is a great light session ale. I wish this style got more credit around here. Unfortunately, I spilled half of my glass and I only had a 12 oz. bottle. This is definitely something I will have again. My second offering from Ommegang. I have rare vos, three philosophers, ommegeddon, and ommegang abbey waiting in my house and I cant wait to try these ones too! Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 09-12-2007 16:38:53

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
OLoingsigh (4) - Clermont, Florida, USA - JUL 8, 2012 does not count
Very refreshing. Perfect for these hot Florida evenings. Slight citrus taste but nicely muted.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
padamop (3) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
Not a beer expert but Ommegang Witte is one of my favorite beers (character count).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TonyDiUlio (663) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 10, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2008 Very good Witbier. There was great flavor and it really left a great taste in my mouth. Enjoyed the lemon taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ToeInTheWater (16) - USA - OCT 2, 2010
this was simply yummy. it was smooth; rich, but not heavy, creamy, but not like ice cream. just good. if there werent more good beers to try, i would have drank this all night!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
TJay7481 (80) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - SEP 3, 2011
I am a big fan of wittes and this is an excellent one. I could drink this all night and still want more. Very drinkable. Pours a nice cloudy yellow. Aroma of spice, coriander and and straw. Light carbonation with a mild sour flavor. Nice yeast flavor with spice and banana. One of my favorites.