overall
Brewed at Shepherd Neame

Style: Pale Lager
Breda, Netherlands

RATINGS: 71   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Brewed by Oranjeboom, the Netherlands until 2004.

1.4
GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - JAN 23, 2006
Is it possible that Oranjeboom means "beer that tastes like crap"?? How anyone could drink this with any regularity must LOVE the taste of cat piss, or Budweiser because both taste the same. My best friend gave me a bottle of this beer to try because he mistakenly bought a 12-pack for his Pop because he’s a beer afficianado. Since it was cheap, he bought it and after his dad took away his inheritance for buying him this stuff, he told me to try it. Feeling in the mood to taste a beer I’ve never tried, I immediately thought the beer was exactly like American Bud. A real chemical taste, NO head, skunky smell, it actually didn’t taste too bad while it was nearly frozen. After it warmed up a bit, the taste couldn’t hide anymore. One of the RARE beers I’ve actually had to pour out. I just coulnd’t finish it. How anyone could like this is beyond me.

jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2005
12oz bottle from 24 variety pack: Aroma of malt, similar to the fizzy domestics in aroma, look, and taste. Dark yellow in color, nutty watery taste, fizzy, slightly bitter aftertaste. Not much flavor.

1.2
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 13, 2005
Can. Pale yellow color, minimal white head. Going for that skunky hop aroma thing. Mildly inoffensive taste, light watery feel, makes no attempt to disguise the fact that it’s a cheap lager.

edden (925) - cow- lumbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2005
7/29/05: Can.
Light lemon-pils aroma. Bright and lemon colored. Watery malt/hop taste. Slight bitter finish.

sethdude (706) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 21, 2005
I now understand what Miller High Life was shooting for. Not worth any more words.

1.1
antibeersnob (29) - Maryland, USA - MAY 28, 2005
This has to be the worst beer I’ve ever had. The skunk smell was overpowering...if there was a 0 to rate aroma it would have gotten it. I had to hold my breath just to taste it. Needless to say it went down the drain. Horrible!

1.1
raymow (1650) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 27, 2005
For some reason I thought this was from Russia. None-the-less, It’s pretty damn bad. It smells and tastes fairly skunky and looks pretty bad in the glass too.

StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 18, 2005
Compliments of my father-in-law. Compliments? Maybe that’s not the right choice of words... Nevertheless, the rating: bright gold color, fizzy popping head. Smells of sherry, melons that sat in the sun too long, and raw, peeled potatoes. Tastes thin and light. Caramel and Munich malt backbone simply breaks right away. Starchy and grainy. Just another pale lager. Let’s hope there’s a different beer in the fridge next time I’m at the in-law’s house.

Braudog (6716) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - MAR 20, 2005
Yellow and eeriely silent, but with a big white pillow. I can smell that green bottle funk a foot away. Stark and corny, as you’d imagine, but with a mellower, lemony finish than it’s Heineken import cousin.

Metalhead (644) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Well,it looked ok. Clear yellow with a soapsuds type head. Mild floral citrus aroma. First sip. OH thats nas-tee. like a weak becks with a hint of honey sweetness and flower petals floating in the mix. Let it breath for a few. Taste was the same but subdued to drinkability. Don’t waste your $.