overall

RATINGS: 246   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Original Sin was born out of the NYC experience. The founders, all NYC’ers, came to see the need for a superior cider, a cider that was clean and complex with a noticeable bite. The quest to create the perfect recipe encompassed both day and night. Day was spent in upstate in a winery, tasting, testing and mixing. Nights were spent in NYC bars, getting feedback from bar owners and patrons. The result, Original Sin Hard Cider was released to immediate acclaim from sources as diverse as the The New York Times, Paper Magazine, and Market Watch.

frylock (1144) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 29, 2004
Bottle: Pale gold color with no head. Semi sweet apple aroma with some mineral notes. Light sweetness, apple skins, dryer finish. Nice body for a cider. Not mind blowing, but drinkable.

GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 23, 2004
(tap) very light in color, with and apple/seltzer aroma, not my favorite hard cider, but i suppose you could put them back fairly easily

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 18, 2004
This really is very clear. Almost non-existent color. Very dry also. Had some with beaconstreet. I thought this was good but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the woodchuck I tried last night. But that is probably just personal preference not reflection on this cider. Worth a try

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Beautiful cider from the Green Mountains, or so I thought from the label. This is class--has the major bubbles, pale pale color, and intense dryness as most English ciders do. But has a good medium-strength infusion of apple taste to keep it known you’re drinking apple cider. Just wonderful. I’m sure though, as with other dry ciders, it’ll kill you/really mess you up after a few rounds. But an enjoyable drink, without destroying your palate.

Probiere (992) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 10, 2004
So pale is it almost white-clear. Very light tartness (grannies?) balanced against a medium effervescence. Very good--doesn’t overdo the apple sweetness......but still doesn’t taste quite right. I can only assume it is pasteurized...the search goes on.... thanks Fry!

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 8, 2004
This is the most unique looking cifer I have ever seen. Like pouring a flute of champagne, this pours clear and carbonated and fizzy. This literally looks like sparkling water. Great tangy apple nose that is lightly tart. Dry and very refreshing and satisfying. A real thirst quencher with hints of peach and pear as well as granny smith apples.

matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 2, 2004
Thanks to Wunderbier for buying a 6er up in Brooklyn and giving me a bottle to bring back home!

Rating #530

Did I just pour a glass of 7up? This cider is almost crystal clear… a slight golden hue though. The aroma is brute… champagne like. The flavor is crushed apples and a note of white vinegar… it’s pretty damn drinkable. I think I’m drinking champagne… not so cider like????? A tart entrance but a rather sweet dry finish.

wunderbier (1434) - Tampere, FINLAND - JUN 29, 2004
12 oz bottle, snifter. Red and green apples, whtie wine, a little bit of allspice in the aroma. A faint hint of doughy yeast is a pleasant suprise. Small, fizzy white head on a sparkling yellow-pearl body. Heavily sweet, moderately acidic flavor becomes a moderately sweet, lightly acidic finish of short duration. Medium-light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. The bottom line is: I don’t really know how this stacks up against other ciders, but I found it to be quite refreshing, if not a bit simple.

SpringsLicker (3682) - Tennessee, USA - JUN 25, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2005 Thanks to Wunderbier for this one!!
This is my first cider, so maybe I’m way off the mark here, but...
This actually made a small white head that left a nice lace on the glass. The body just had the least bit of pale yellow color to it; Champagne-like. The aroma was clean, and fresh, not artificial, apple with a hint of honey. The palate was lively effervescent, sweet, with a wonderfully light tangyness. With 6% alcohol, this could be sneaky stuff. Very nice, I’ll try and check out some cider ratings and sample a few more of these.
Re-rate
After sampling some very fine ciders in Quebec, I have dropped this down from a previous score of 4.1.

spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - JUN 16, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2004 Suprised there is so few ratings. Very light, apple juice appearance, no head. Good apples aroma. Average cider flavor, nothing to crazy. I guess others should try it.