overall
Brewed by Brasserie dOrval
Style: Belgian Ale
Florenville - Villers-d.-Orval, Belgium

RATINGS: 4357   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
In contrast to all the others, the Orval Trappist brewery makes only one beer for the general public. It has an intensely aromatic and dry character. Between the first and second fermentations there is also an additional dry-hopping process. Through this the beer acquires its pronounced hoppy aroma and extra dry taste.
Bottled at 5.2% abv - can go up as high as 7.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jampura (129) - FINLAND - NOV 19, 2016
Kuivahko, greippinen, kevyesti hiivainen, keskitytelinen puraiseva olut. Helppo nauttia ja kiva.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
johnarktor (31) - FRANCE - NOV 17, 2016
Aroma: Malt and yeast (my memory can?t be more specific than that) ; Appearance: Copper, cloudy, white foam, nice head ; Taste: medium bitterness ; Palate: full body, slick feel, important carbonation, not (imo) a very long finish. This is, in my humble opinion, one of the most overrated beer of all time. It is only my opinion, of course, but after several tastings, I never could get to like this beer. I like other beers of similar styles, but this one, for me it?s a nope.