overall
RATINGS: 2698   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

cprochak (590) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2010 On tap at the Longmont tasting room on 7/16/09. Pours solid orange with wonderful off white head and good lacing as I drank. Great earthy floral hops aroma. Incredibly smooth light bodied pale ale with a good bitter, clean finish. Have loved this in cans for a while, but on tap is just amazing. (did an official blind tasting on 3/11/10 and this is nowhere near as good in the can. Came out at 7/4/7/3/14)

1.2
Bierkrug (2129) - - AUG 8, 2009
330 ML can in the USA. Not sure what happened, first canned beer I had in years, but I must have gotten a bad can compared to the other ratings here. But I have to rate it as I saw it. Cherry amber color, light head, heavy metal taste with a sharp stabbing aftertaste. Might re-rate another time but this was nasty. I could not finish it.

Kuzo (116) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2009
Poured from a tap. Cloudy orange with a big white head that lingered and left nice lace. Smells strong citrus and hops hops with subtle melon (honeydew?). Soft mouthfeel that is somewhat creamy. The taste was very interesting. It has an initial burst of of citrus, grapefruit, and pine followed by a malty middle and ends with a dry hoppy aftertaste. I truly enjoyed this one.

williamherbert (1544) - Syracuse, New York, USA - AUG 3, 2009
If this beer doesn’t prove that good beer in a can is a great idea, not sure anything will. I have been converted! It’s a bright orange seems to glow from within. The head disappears quickly, but gives way to icy lace. It is hazy and cloudy. The aroma is an excellent citrusy hop. Lots of flowers and fruit. Some pale crystal malts as well; sharp in their paleness. Just this side of an IPA. The hops are citrusy and strong in the taste, but the crystal malts also come through, with a sharp spiky addition. Both flavors are tart and challenging. The feel is creamy and milky. Thick and chewy. Quite good. It’s a tart and citrusy drink. A terrific, hop-fueled pale ale.

buzzoven (376) - JAPAN - AUG 3, 2009
Sampled on tap at The Flying Saucer, Raleigh, NC. Very interesting smell...lots of pine, fruity, floral, and well-rounded. The mouthfeel carries a breezy, light summertime feel while attempting a fine balance between a flowery herbal presence and a hop taste. I would have liked to see this have a stronger malt backbone; and I wonder if this really classifies as a Pale Ale. If so, it stands out from the crowd. Maybe a new style HPA ~ Herbal Pale Ale? Interesting note: the people I was drinking this with commented that the draft tasted nothing like the can. In fact, one of them said that it seemed like a whole new beer. Having looked at some of the comments for the canned version on here, it sounds like that may be more up my alley.

gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 2, 2009
I don’t know why i haven’t rated this beer but it is the best pale ale in a can. Great beer on par with all the other Oskar Bliues.

eje (9) - , New York, USA - AUG 2, 2009 does not count
Out of a can - this beer is the best canned beer I have ever had. Perfect beach beer. Hoppy, not too sweet, slightly bitter. Definitely an IPA and not a Pale Ale.

Beerdrinker79 (2188) - Idaho, USA - AUG 2, 2009
can into a glass-FIRST DRINK-Unimpressed, Iliked the look and the aroma, flavor is harsh and I couldn’t help but taste that can flavor. HALF GLASS- Mellowing and starting to enjoy, although tastes more like an IPA than a pale ale. FINISH-ended very nicely, this beer did a total 180, changed my opinion of craft beer in a can, but still prefer in a bottle.

olsvammel (7313) - Örebro, SWEDEN - AUG 1, 2009
It poured a hazy dark orange-golden liquid with a big foam that stayed a long time and left a nice lacing. It had a fresh aroma of grasy hops and citrus. Very nice! Just as the other two beers it was very smooth. It tasted sweet with some caramell and grassy hops. Not as good as it smelled but still nice.

arondee (601) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUL 29, 2009
I’m trying to think of the last time I had a good beer out of a can..hmmm that’s right never. They always have this horrible can flavor to them. Let’s see how this one tastes. The pour is really nice, good white head, lots of lacing, carbonated copper body. Aroma is mostly floral and citrus. Now for the taste. Nicely bitter, good orange citrus rind flavors, balanced nicely by the malts. Not even a tinge of metallic aftertaste. Really good pale ale, more bitter than most, I’d think of this as a good light IPA.