overall
RATINGS: 2680   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

uhclem (430) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUL 16, 2009
Had this at Oskar Blues with their Heatseeker hamburger. This was the perfect complement to the burger. I like the way they balance hops with citrus and sweetness. Mouthfeel was crisp and the finish lingered on through the buffalo sauce.

Aggy360 (115) - Anchorage/ Vista,CA, Alaska, USA - JUL 16, 2009
I first tried it from the can while fishing for salmon on the Kenai River in Alaska. This beer made the trip that much better, way better that drinking Bud Light like everyone else. I had to bring some home to taste out of a glass. What a great pale ale. The color is a beautiful copper with a white head, that leaves a little bit of lace. The floral hop aroma is right in your face and I love it. Some sweet malt, crystal I think, make an appearance. The taste is the same hops to start, malt in the middle, and just a little bitterness to finish. Well balanced and very drinkable.

Svesse (8743) - Hässelby, SWEDEN - JUL 15, 2009
(Can, Oliver Twist, Stockholm) Amber colour with frothy, off-white head. Fruity, malty nose with notes of citrus, caramel and fresh hops. Fruity taste with orange peel, caramel, dried apricots and fresh hops in the finish. Medium body, generous bitterness, balanced sweetness. Very nice beer, one of the best to come out of a can.

dankman (257) - Somewhere in, Ohio, USA - JUL 14, 2009
I will make this rating as short and sweet as possible. This beer is one of the best balanced pale ales available today; well balanced, easy drinking and, available in cans. My only complaint is that it isn’t available locally.

TEJA (3203) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - JUL 14, 2009
Small head. Red amber color. Small aroma with some woody hop aroma. well balanced caramell malt with biterness and a medium body.

mesperon (205) - Hillsdale, New Jersey, USA - JUL 13, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2009 Clear copper with thin head, litle bit of lace. Faint aroma of pilsner malt, not much hops. Very woodsy, somewhat grassy hop taste, woodsy biterness lasts on the top of the tongue. Re-rate 10-3-09 What the hell was I thinking. This beer is fabulous. Woddy character complements the heavy hops very well. Smells just like it tastes with heavy piney and resiny hops, caramel, woody notes. The can really keeps the hop taste fresh. I have to admit it’s hard to get over the fact that it’s in a can, even though I know it’s better than a bottle. I always have low expectations pouring something out of a can.

mattvervack (28) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 11, 2009
I drink this in the can version and think its super, but this rating is for the draught version. Had it after trying an overhopped beer so was concerned that my tongue wouldn’t be able to taste it. Compared it with 2 other pale ales on the table. This one really stood out, tasting exactly like a pale ale should, malt and hops balanced, very high drinkability that left you wanting more. My only complaint really is that the alcohol is too high, this is something you can drink alot of and that could lead to trouble!

hophead21112 (218) - Louisville, Colorado, USA - JUL 10, 2009
Canned on 5/27/09. Clear copper pour with a creamy two-finger slightly off-white head, great retention and decorative lace. Sweet, spicy, and floral aromas with slight grain. Flavor starts off with caramel sweetness and leads to the hoppy bitterness. Citrus and grain. Alcohol is undetectable. Medium body with moderate carbonation. My go-to camping beer for sure!

Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2009
Can Pours a cloudy-clear amber with a good frothy off white head. The head lasts well, and laces pretty good. Has a good aroma of hops, citrus, oranges, and some dough. Has a good carbonation. The mouthfeel is excellent. The flavor is real good. A nice balance, not too sweet or too hoppy. In my mind this is what a pale ale is. Has a medium body. Good ABV but you can’t really tell. Has an oily texture. A good finish with an enjoyable aftertaste. This is a good beer and the fact that you can get it in cans makes it a summer staple.

bblack99 (527) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JUL 6, 2009
12oz can pours a clear amber with a thin white head that persists as a thin stripe for quite a while. Doughy aroma is strong and combines with the hops for a pleasant nose. Initial blast of flavor is almost skunky, but levels out with better hoppy flavors of Cascade and Columbus and finishes well. I’m not familiar with the Northern Brewer, but perhaps it’s their flavor that throws things off for me. Best beer I’ve had in a can, for sure.