overall
RATINGS: 2711   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

sextjk5 (10) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 27, 2011
wow, just the best pale ale out there right now if you ask me, very well done Oskar Blues.

Mibsy (10) - - JUN 20, 2013
I like pale ales and this offering from Oskar Blues is quite good. I like the hoppiness of the APA. Not as hoppy as an IPA, but very drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MDeGraw (10) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2013
Draft. Poured amber with n Decent off white head. Mild to good carbonation. Aroma of citrus hops a and hint of grapefruit. Tasted like it smelled. Roasted hops and bitter citrus grapefruit. Really nice aftertaste with quick sweetness prior to it being gone. Overall a very good pale ale.

MoorBeerPlz (10) - Corona, California, USA - NOV 3, 2013
Poured from can into a shaker glass... On the nose, hops, sweetness, pine, citrus, grains. Nothing out of the ordinary. Pours an amber/gold, not quite crystal clear but not hazy. Active carbonation with one finger head that slowly receded to nice lacing and a foam cap on the beer. Sticky foam on the sides too. First taste surprised me. Does not taste like many other APAs I’ve tried so far. Hoppy, resin and pine, with a fruity/citrus taste and a sweetness from the grains. A little toast in there too. Little bit more going on than I expected and a pleasant surprise. Decent mouthfeel, medium body with a bitter, toasty, dry finish. Crisp, with a bit of carbonation. Very drinkable brew, sessionable if need-be. It has a little different taste that some other APAs I’m familiar with but there’s nothing here to stop me from ever having another again. Kind of upper-middle of the road in the style (against others) to me. Non-the-less, I enjoyed it. Cheers!

budfox (10) - Kansas, USA - APR 5, 2014
More hops than all the other Pale Ales that I’ve tried, I’d buy it again, can’t wait to try some other beers by this brewery!

Bloodman (10) - Kew Gardens, New York, USA - JUL 5, 2014
A pale ale with muscle. Great aroma, that matches the taste. One of my favorites. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Lupulcious85 (10) - - JUL 21, 2014
Pour from 12oz can. Golden color with huge lasting white head. West coast dank hop aroma. The taste is quite hoppy. Slight roasty caramel malt. The palate is very straightforward, easy to smash. I have a hard time calling this an apa. Its an IPA, and one of my favorites! Hefty carbonation and chewy mouthfeel.

Iansr (10) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - MAY 20, 2016
Great pale ale, would definitely have again. Great taste texture, look, and feel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone