overall
RATINGS: 2673   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
GandGKevin (934) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2007
Ok, I have avoided beers in a can. After all, beer is supposed to taste better in a bottle than in a can, rght? Well not in this case. This is a very good pale ale, Citrusy, hoppy aromas float from the glass. Flavors of grapefruit and a nice malty overtone. Great beer in a can. Extremely quaffable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
JMFG (1587) - Florida, USA - APR 11, 2007
Nice clear light copper pour with a thick white head. Moderate fresh pine hop aroma floats well over a nice malt base. Light palate. Smooth taste, with a decent citrusy hop finish. Extremely drinkable, and a pleasure to drink as well. Well done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DonkeyHoetay (21) - Bellerose, New York, USA - APR 10, 2007
I can only wonder how good this beer would be without the hated can. a good beer . in just 3 words... hops, hops hops

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dchmela (3022) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 5, 2007
I love all the beers from this brewery, but this is my favorite. It has a nice bit of hop on the nose and a very balanced taste. It is a hoppy beer, but not so much that I cringe with every sip. Pours out of the can with a good head and beautiful color. Just writing this review makes we want to open up another one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lagomswedish (213) - UmeŚ, SWEDEN - APR 5, 2007
The best beer I think Iíve ever drunk from a can. Great hop aroma, attractive pale amber colour and tons of hop punch. Citrus pine and grapefruit melded with a delicious smooth malt background. Hugely drinkable hop fix.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheCEO (100) - USA - APR 4, 2007
Boy I wish my Golf club would carry this...gotta make things happen...screw it...Iíll see if they can special order it...it never hurts to ask...lol. I think it IS better than Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but I had to give them the same overall score since you can see the sediment in the SNPA bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2589) - New Jersey, USA - APR 4, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2007 you do this in a can, you did something! a real piney, hoppy winner. all explaning aside this beer has got to be a true giant in the cask or on the tap. nice malts that seem to come from that region. nice mid palate style makes it great anytime of the year. the more great ipaís you try - the more you will find this an upper middle class ipa. the malt and hop profiles conspire to create a wet broom taste - as you drink more of these you start to really notice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
smartlung (159) - Valrico, Florida, USA - APR 4, 2007
Can from Total Wine - not a huge pale ale guy but very good - sweet hoppy, piney, bitter finish - not bad!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - APR 2, 2007
12 oz can. $8.49 for a sixpack at Total Wine. I winced a bit at paying that price for a sixer of canned beer, but this is no ordinary canned beer. The wonderful hop nose is apparent as soon as the can is popped. Clear orange-amber with a nice thick off-white head and lacing when poured in a glass. The flavor is big and tasty, a real kick in the pants APA. I love the Northern Brewer and Cascade combination, (I use that in homebrewed APAs), and the other hops add to the complexity. It has a decent malt background for balance, but the hops are definitely the centerpiece. I had seen this in the shop a couple of times and passed it by for the price, but changed my mind after seeing the high rating here on the site. Good alcohol kick completely lost in the hops. The most fun you will ever have drinking beer from a can. Excellent!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - APR 2, 2007
This beer is quite good. Much better than I anticipated. Has a very malty hoppy flavor. I drank directly from the can, so I will need a follow up tasting. If you love hops, youíll love this. Would be the perfect golf course beer.