overall
RATINGS: 2688   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

beerbuzzmontreal (3486) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 22, 2007
Pours a clear copper color with a thick offwhite head. Good aroma of spicy hops and toasted malt. Good flavor of spicy, resinous hops with toasted malt and a lingering bitter finish. The body is light to medium with a creamy texture and moderate carbonation.

BeerBiker (1414) - Odense, DENMARK - OCT 19, 2007
[Bottle bought in Vinens Verden.] This was just a very great sample ...and then a can!?=(")¤%/"¤. Never thought I should give a can the note of 4.2. Like a IPA or IIPA with remarkable notes of Cascade/Centennial such as flowers, fruits, spring, citrus, not so much grapefruit, nice bitterness and a very nice finish, great for broadsiding experiments! Like a summer IPA!

R-dog (19) - Alabama, USA - OCT 18, 2007
Nice red amber with creamy off white head. Pours smooth. Aroma of sweet grapefruit and floral notes. Hoppy sour citrus flavor balanced with a sweet mouth and dry finish. Loses body fast and feels thinner and watered down as the carbonation fades. Refreshing and crisp, but maybe a little too much grapefruit throughout from start to end. I think I prefer this at room temperature rather than from the fridge.

saxo (19370) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2007
Can. Nice head with good duration. Color is hazy amber. Aroma and taste are rich with hops. Good long finish.

iswain1914 (19) - USA - OCT 15, 2007
Finally, an american microbrew that deserves the hipe that it gets. I’m normally a european beer guy (they are clearly much better) but this beer is outstanding.

thewolf (12789) - Kolding, DENMARK - OCT 15, 2007
Can, bought @ Ølbutikken, Cph. Pours a wonderful clear red-orange with a small creamy yellow-ish head. Aroma is heavily fruity hoppy - apples, peaches, grapefruit. Low carbonation. Flavour is very hoppy with some biscuit and caramel. Quite bitter, but there is a fruity sweetness behind it. Very nice - I could have liked a little more sparkle in the carbonation.

LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 14, 2007
(Can 35,5 cl) By far the best canned beer I have ever had! Huge hoppy aroma, impressive flavour with malt, fruits (peaches?), and pines ending in a quite bitter but very pleasant finish. Even the palate is very nice considering the 6.5% ABV. Basically this is an American IPA without the extra 3% ABV. Fan-fucking-tastic stuff!

yngwie (17233) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - OCT 12, 2007
Can. It poured a bit unclear, with a nice, golden-orange color and a medium, lasting, dense off-white head. Quite lively carbonation. The pour released these lovely, piney, resiny and citrusy aromas, and having a more thorough sniff, the maltyness also finds it’s way up your nose. The flavor is quite dominated by all the hops, with its citrus and pines, but as in aroma, a nice maltyness is also present. Quite sweet, with some beef-stock as well. The beer has a firm body, and that bitter astringency feeling that the hops give. The finish is long and bitter, and quite heavy on the resiny flavors. And the lacings are nice too.

I have no doubt this is the best canned beer I’ve ever tasted, it’s really enjoyable, and it’s definately a beer I could down a few of. Nice work Oskar! (071012)

pkbites (976) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2007 I think this is that beer they made in "BEERFEST". It’s beautiful! Just Beautiful! Pours a surprisingly cloudy/dark orangy amber. Nose is of evergreen, bubble gum, and cookie dough. The first sip shocks the palate. So many hops for 12 meager ounces. It starts bitter, it stays bitter. After-taste is bitter. I don’t think I’ve EVER had a brew with so many hops. Very nice. But expensive. On sale for $7.99 a six pack? Too much! But it’s so good. But it’s overpriced. But it’s so good. But it costs alot. But it’s so, so good. But, man, $7.99 for a sixer? But it’s so good. I wish it weren’t so expensive so I could drink gallons of it every night. Because it’s so good. I want to brush my teeth with it. Because it’s so good!!!I want to put my dick in it. Because it’s so good. I want IT to put it’s dick in me! ’Cause it’s so good. But it’s pricey. But it’s sooooo good. I like it!!!! I love it!!! I want to marry it!!!! You know, because it’s sooooooo good!

Blom (848) - Sorø, DENMARK - OCT 6, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 22, 2009 A quick glance at Oscar Blues’ homepage and you’ve got a harpe in your mouth and a guitar in your hands. Gonzo, music and beer, it sounds like a reasonable combination for midnight souls, so I joined in with a pale in my jar. Of course the can had to be poured into a classic American beer glass, and since my edition from Great Divide danced around in the closet eager to be used and to have the hoppy blues, I decided to pull it out. Pzzzzt and gulp, gulp, gulp, no the beer hadn’t already be drunk but merely poured into the glass. With memories of late President Reagan and an age where you didn’t mind ripping atmos to pieces, I observed the foam molding itself into an explosive mushroom cloud. After having stared at this beautiful piece of beer craftmanship for a bit, my nose went to work: The aroma of flowers, orange, citrus and grape made me iimmediatly salute the drinking gods in awe. This is the American dream. I thought, and started to quench my thirst. Down it went, and I immediatly hungered for more. First a nice malty sweetness and then a thin bitter fist of lust makes the name ’pale’ ale ridicolous. This beer is not pale but powerfully potent!