RATINGS: 2705   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

PullMeABeer (203) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 30, 2004
12 oz can. No bottle opener need for this one. Pours mostly clear golden/amber, with a nice fluffy peaked head that fell to a thin, but very adequate layer of lace that covered the glass as it was consumed. Oh that’s nice, very aromatic, mmmm, piney woody spiced hops, I could smell this beer for hours. Flavors are piney, sappy, sticky, savory, creamy, nice malt backdrop, finish starts with the flavor of freshly roasted peanuts and end with a lingering, satisfying, and very addictive hop bite. Body is thick and creamy, so nice! Drinkablity very high/ high. Outstanding beer, do it, to it to this beer. Find it and drink it. "This can (and) is a mighty fine beer."

MilkmanDan (1942) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - SEP 1, 2004
It’s . . . it’s from a can, and it doesnt suck. It’s an American beer from a can, and it doesn’t suck. My world no longer makes sense. Pours out a deep copper, absolutely stunning head, very thick and creamy, stays around for a simply amazing amount of time. Nose quite hoppy, some pine resin there and citrius. Flavor rather good, initial hoppy bit followed by some sweet malts, though not as sweet as it could be. Certainly can’t fault it for mouthfeel, extremely full and creamy. Looks and feels beautiful, smells good, tastes good. Quite nice.

mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - AUG 31, 2004
12oz can attractive brunette, nice head and lace. Big fresh hops smell, citrusy, little piney, some carmelly malt lurks as well. Full bodied, crisp finishing beer. Flavor of orange and carmelized malt mix together to near perfection. Lingering earthy bitterness matches the sweetness of the malts very well. This is an awesome, big, malty, hoppy party. Tons of flavor, very well done. I had it on tap at the brewpub as well...and this can tastes just as good. Very big and balanced beer.

happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - AUG 18, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2004 I was blown away by this little beast of a canned beer.Popped this open after the show on the 14th expecting not much(I had traded a troegs pils for it on the way into the gates of Coventry.This beer flat out rocks.The hop aromas are fresh and citrusy(I thought some ammarillos were thrown in there?)I had Alpha Kings w/ me to compare this to and this one was a tad crisper and fresher(not better though) but along the same lines.Get this beer if you can(can get it)Recomended to the fullest extent.

Drew (2470) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 12, 2004
I tried this 3 times on our vacation: First on tap at the Fort Collins Brew Fes - it was medium bodied and a little too sweet. 2nd - on tap at Ed’s Cantina in Estes Park - much better balanced, well hopped with a dry finish. 3rd time - out of the can while at our campsite at Sand Dunes - this is a nice hoppy pale ale..

jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2004
This was one of the stranger experiencs I hae had in a good while. I cracked the tab on a CAN of beer, I smelled hops, the beer was not the color of my piss after drinking a gall0on of water. What the hell is this stuff! Clear amber with a pillowy manilla head. Crisp hoppy aroma. The flavor is a good mix of bitter citrus hops and some sweet malts. Medium bodied. Every sip I take I am amazed that this beer came from a can. Maybe it is a gimmick but the beer is quite nice. Look at that can over in that picuture I took and imagine a good an above average APA lurking behind thise aluminum walls.

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 23, 2004
Pours a cloudy orange with a thick tan head. Big malt aroma with a decent blast of hops. Big malty taste followed by some candy/caramel notes with a big hop finish. Moderate amount of citrus. Lightly metallica but that’s okay. This is a damn fine beer in a can.

SanDiegoWino (4) - California, USA - MAY 8, 2004 does not count
I think the claims of "metallic" taste are psychosomatic. I drank this from the can, at cellar temperature, and detected zero metallic taste. It’s not the best pale ale I’ve had, but it’s the best canned beer I’ve had - period. It’s a trip to pop open a can and smell hops, and have a decent beer inside. Definitely worth a try.

FlacoAlto (4247) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - APR 20, 2004
Pours a bright clear copper color with a tan well proportioned head. An aroma of American hops (grapefruit, citrus, and pine) plus some un-recognizable weird aroma that quickly fades. A nice sharp pale ale that finishes with a nice bitterness and it has lots of hop flavor. Definitely hop dominated, though there is a bit of biscuity maltiness in here, as well as some sweet malt character. This is definitely a well crafted pale ale that I would be happy to take on a camping trip. As my palate becomes used to this beer I get a solid contribution from crystal malt. It starts in the middle and goes through to the finish.

TChrome (1481) - North Richland Hills, Texas, USA - APR 10, 2004
Very nice looking cooper colored beer with a big off white head that is fully retained. Nice hoppy aroma with a light malt background. Flavor is probably the best I have ever had from a canned beer. I would find this beer acceptable anytime.