%>
overall
RATINGS: 2681   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - APR 19, 2006
UPDATED: APR 3, 2007 Pours a tawny amber color w/ a full, semi creamy froth. Thick and sticky residual lacing. Aroma has a prominant hop profile. Medium full nectar w/ soft and creamy residual effers. Another WOW, this is a can ? I would have never known. This pale is on the hoppy side and delivers a crispness even w/ the thick malts. Big citrus rind, leather, sea salt, and slight biscuits delivered by massive waves of dense malt. The finish is bittered extensively yet leaving my palate wet. This and Old Chub are perfect high quality canned brews that should be included in your "no glass allowed" activities. Overall; a very rich and delicious brew worthy of it’s rating. Highly recommended!

pkbites (970) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2007 I think this is that beer they made in "BEERFEST". It’s beautiful! Just Beautiful! Pours a surprisingly cloudy/dark orangy amber. Nose is of evergreen, bubble gum, and cookie dough. The first sip shocks the palate. So many hops for 12 meager ounces. It starts bitter, it stays bitter. After-taste is bitter. I don’t think I’ve EVER had a brew with so many hops. Very nice. But expensive. On sale for $7.99 a six pack? Too much! But it’s so good. But it’s overpriced. But it’s so good. But it costs alot. But it’s so, so good. But, man, $7.99 for a sixer? But it’s so good. I wish it weren’t so expensive so I could drink gallons of it every night. Because it’s so good. I want to brush my teeth with it. Because it’s so good!!!I want to put my dick in it. Because it’s so good. I want IT to put it’s dick in me! ’Cause it’s so good. But it’s pricey. But it’s sooooo good. I like it!!!! I love it!!! I want to marry it!!!! You know, because it’s sooooooo good!

bonk0076 (99) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 15, 2009
In my mind, the perfect beer. A nice hoppy bite complemented with a sweet little finish. VERY drinkable, yet quietly complex.

rileyjk (7) - - SEP 6, 2012 does not count
spruce, golden, clear, minimal head, very bitter, medium sweetness, light body, lively,

tubintheyampa (12) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2012
I love this beer! It’s been one of my favorites for many years. Back when good beer was only available in bottles, Dales Pale Ale was the only good beer I could find to take with me on raft trips. It’s also a great beer to cook oven roasted chicken in!

traviscowan (1) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - JUL 13, 2013 does not count
Amazing Canned Equivalent of the best fresh drafts I’ve known. Compares to Coast Boy King and Lagunitas Sucks.

KB_DWG_Beerd (5) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2013 does not count
I love Dales. Everyday all the time. It's perfect. Just the right hops. There was once Sierra Nevada as my benchmark. Dales is the standard by which I measure all pales now. Heady topper, Pliny are up there, but every day I drink a dales ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

WeissGary (286) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - SEP 8, 2013
Full marks for this wonderful brew, and what a first to try from this brewery! Enticing sweet aroma with caramel notes, smooth with dry hop on the tongue and a sweet welcoming malt finish on the back. This beer is very drinkable, tastes great, very refreshing, and its lovely mix of sweetness, hops, and malt blends together seamlessly!

Kountry (5) - Cabot, Arkansas, USA - JUN 21, 2016 does not count
This my 2nd favorite summer time active beer in a can behind Shift beer by New Belgium. This beer is a lot more hoppy than Shift. This beer as an awesome hop aroma and finish with a hearty rich middle.

PilsnerMonger11 (2) - - DEC 9, 2016 does not count
This might be the best beer I have ever tasted. Heavy hops, accompanied by the usual hops-related aromas.